1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey...If Moms can have M.A.D.D.

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by repo_man62, Jan 8, 2007.

1. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Then why can't we have P.A.C.?(Plowers Against Cancer) Lost my marbles didn't I? I want to start a Non or Not for profit Org. to bring awareness to Prostate Cancer. Any Ideas? Grants...paperwork(not me)...liability...membership....'nuther project Nascar & BNC!:dizzy: :salute:

It's like...this is my mission and obsession now. I just hope I can get the word out to enough guys before it's too late for them.
    Any input appreciated...Bob
  2. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Good idea.

How about testicular cancer as well?
  3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

You Betcha' I'm all for it! Too many MEN Think they're invincible...Can't happen to me! Wrong!
    Cancer is NO respector of persons.
    Spread the word...Not cancer.
  4. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

I think its a great idea but we should do it for all cancer. I have a coworker(male) that has breast cancer. He's not do well he had to retired early because he couldn't perform his duties. But we should all cancer great idea Bob

5. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

You Know

I just noticed we have OVER 20k members on here now. That's 20k people that can tell 20k other people who can do the same. C'mon fellow Plowers...let's get the awareness out and STOP this dreadful disease from hurting anymore!
  6. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

OK here it goes.I tried to set up a service of sorts for sick/elderly/poor.My idea was this:I wanted any/all pharmacy companies(Phizer,Glasko-SmithKline ect) to fund my operation in exchange for some P.R .If someone was sick say cancer,and had no insurance/money/job means whatever If thier vehicle broke down I would fix them for free to the patients.I wanted to get N.(never) A.(a)P.(part)A.(available),AutoZone,Advance Auto Parts,Car Quest ect, to donate parts, the pharma companies to donate money toward labor and I would buy a garage equipped with tools.If someone came in with no resources and needed their vehicle fixed,I would get the parts donated the labor to them would be free and I would bill the phamacy companies for my labor/expences.I would also put up signs and other advertising for the companies involved so that when other people get sick,they would remember who and what companies were already helping others in the community.I spoke with someone at the American Cancer Society and they thought this was great yada, yada,I called G.S.K. they said basically that they did not think that it anything ANY company would want to get involved with.I asked why they said well they can already get assistace in other ways so forget it.People can get rides to treatments through the American Cancer Society ect ect,I asked how can they get rides to the grocery stores,pick up the kids and get through everyday life without a vehicle when they do not have money to repair them?I was told well I do not know but I guess It's not our problem.I really thought I would be able to get this to go,my wife thought I was either losing my mind or I was in for some life lessons,-dont take me wrong,she believes in me and the cause just knows how companies are.I had this idea probably 4 months ago and have just quit on it,not that it's not worth helping someone out with,I just dont think I have the brain and ability to pull it off.:cry: >I also Inquired about grants to buy a property to do this,there is a 3 bay garage right now right around the corner from my house for sale at $249,000:eek: and there is NO way I can swing that nut,I tried but it's it's not gonna happen.
  7. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

Please also remember this is just an idea and the earlier post was really only a condensed version of it.I was willing to tweak and bend as needed as I went but I dont ever see it going anywhere between the attitudes of people/companies and my lack of being able to even buy a plow for my own pickup let alone change the world with stupid ideas......Sorry if it sounds negative just pi$$es me off is all.
  8. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I apologize for the above post.I just get frustrated with things and let loose at the wrong times sometimes.Again,I am sorry for loosing my cool.Now back to the topic at hand,Any ideas???
  9. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Hey...everyone has bad days!
  10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Throw a post out with the "Please Read Me Brother Plower"
    Put out the information on prostate cancer and even common cancers of males.
    Encourage them to talk to every male they know about getting tested at the correct age.

If you want to help people there are lot's of stuff you can do.
    Volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, Search "Volunteer" on the internet.
    We have Christmas in April around here:
    People volunteer to paint, clean, repair,build - etc for elderly and disabled people.
    Don't get mad get going,there are plenty of things you can do to help people.

If I ever hit the Mega Millions I will buy a F-350 Dump with Tool cabinets and a Ladder rack and fix-build-paint homes for Habitat for Humanity till I get too old to go on.
  11. Sunrise154

Sunrise154 Junior Member

I am all in for the donating of time and $ and all that stuff. But If I hit the Mega Millions I am going on vacation. I will hire someone ( Maybe a homeless guy) to drive my truck for Habitat for humanity.