1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey I managed to get the lift ram and electric motor unit off.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nascar Fan, Oct 29, 2003.

1. Nascar Fan

Nascar Fan Senior Member

I finally got sick and tired of playing aroun with this thing and said lets get inside this thing to figure it out.Well i got it off and guess what?I pulled the electric motor off to check the pump screen and it says--and i swear this is true--- Western products--on the pump and the motor and unit are Fisher!!I have a real strong indication that my brother was inside this thing before me.I went to loosen the bug nut on the top of the lift ram so i could see if it was clean and working properly and guess what now,the nut was 3/4 broken off from what looks to be overtightned.I put ny wrench on it to see if maybe i could remove it to get a new nut well tonight was not my lucky night-it broke off the last 2 1/2 sides of it.I was going to try to put a pipe wrench on the collar of the nut but i figured if anybody can get it off it would be a machine shop.Do Fisher plow pumps all say Western products on them?Now if they are different,and the pump is bad and i need to replace it,do i go with the Fisher unit or try to match the Western in it?
  2. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

The older Western/Fisher Pumps are very very similiar and thus can interchange many parts. It would not be unheard of to find one or the other inside if it has been serviced before.
  3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

90% of the internals are interchangable from a western to fisher... as a matter of fact the two pumps probably came off of the same asssembly line:p
  4. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

that is true. most of the components are interchangeable.