1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Guys.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BamBamm5144, Aug 13, 2010.

1. BamBamm5144

BamBamm5144 Junior Member

New to this site, not new to forums.

A little history and a few questions for the experienced plow operators out there.

I own an exterior remodeling company and have always plowed for someone else, using their equipment and so on during winters. Well, this year is different. I am going to offer it as one of my services (it fits in the exterior category right).

A few of my clients a year usually ask me if I plow, in which every other year I say no. Now to the part I need some help with.

I will be running a 2004 Silverado 2500 HD and an 07 Silverado 1500. Do you guys have any recommendations on good plows for these types of trucks? Also, since I already have a one mil liability insurance policy, I assume my rates would not increase too much when I add plowing to the list, right?

Next one is about pricing ( I know other forums frown upon pricing questions, couldn't find anything regarding this ones policies).

There is per push and per season. Per season offers one set price for the year, no matter how many snow storms and can either make you a good amount of money for minimal snow fall or cost you a lot with a lot of snow fall. Per push is just that, per push.

Lets say you charge 30 for one homeowners drive way. The per season price would then be around 300 figuring you will get 10 snow falls above the amount you agreed you will come out and plow for. If there is 12 snow falls, you still keep that same price correct?

Also, I am not really sure about the sanding/salting process, any information about that would help me greatly.

Thank you.
  2. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Check the Ice management sub-forum, as there's far more info archived than you'll ever want to read.

The Commercial & Estimating sub-forums will have a ton of info on the per inch/per push/seasonal contract info.

Once again, welcome........ :drinkup:
  3. BamBamm5144

BamBamm5144 Junior Member

Thanks Jomama - I sent you a pm on contractor talk.