1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Guys . . . Not sure what to do here

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by EPPSLLC, Oct 12, 2008.

1. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

Hey guys my name is DJ Carroll, I am the owner of EasyPro Property Services located in Carrollton KY. We are a full service property maintenance company that does Lawn Care, Landscaping, Low Pressure Roof Cleaning, and Power Washing for residential, commercial and also for Property Managers.

I have several large accounts i mow for and all have asked me this year if i will plow for them. I don't have a plow and never have plowed before but i'm thinking this could be some decent money especially with the predictions this year.

Here are a few pics of the properties that I KNOW i can get as of right now . . .it consist of a city contract, a chevy dealership, three hotels and a industrial plant

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?zipcode=41008#a/maps/m::12:38.607424:-85.069217:0::/e
    this is the city contract its everything inside of 467 355 and 227

the hotels are just average size and the the chevy dealership is decent size they have about a 100 car lot size

Just looking for some input guy :)

thanks and im happy to be here

2. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

Seems like a few zero tolerance sites, If you have/ or can hire the equipment and know what you're doing it could work out. Careful of slip and falls at the hotels and everywhere else for that matter. Search these forums to get a better idea of what your getting into.

3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I would guess that you have skidloaders and 4x4 trucks with a employee pool. Sounds like a good plan, but I would start out with just a few lots the first year. Get a couple pusher boxes for the loaders, they are huge time savers

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

just a comment on the chevy dealership.

I have heard of them hiring out snow removal but the dealerships i know first hand pick out a lot truck and do it themselves because they have to clean off the cars and move them out of the way which is time consuming.
    I guess i just never figured out why there is dealers that hire it out.

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Make sure you have very GOOD insurance when plowing a car lot and for the rest of the accounts too.

6. Kingwinter

Kingwinter Senior Member

Salt of the crap out of the hotel. Take pictures if you have time. I guarantee you some out of town punk will slip and fall and start a lawsuit at a hotel.

7. EPPSLLC

EPPSLLC Senior Member

thanks guys i have been reading for about two weeks now. . . The thing with the dealership is the owner is a close friend to my parents and he also is part owner of the hotels. LOL I am glad you got a good impression from my site that i am professional have nice equipment and a pool of employees but I am 20 got to school full time and only have one truck and one helper. This is not a bad thing though . . . Im glad to get some real feed back on my site.

Anyways thanks for the heads up on the hotels . . . . And i'm not looking for pricing info if some one can give me some key words to search for about pricing i can do my own numbers. . . I am a huge numbers person but i need to know ball park figure and stuff like that. . . Just like power washing and lawn care . . . Power washing i avg $250 an hour on resi work 175 and hour with comm but lawn care is 35 to 25 per man hour! This is a great site and i am a member of several other BB's I look to learn alot but also look to give back in any way possible . . . . Thanks guys and any more comments or advice is welcome

Have a great week - DJ