1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys need your input!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Hey guys Im looking at getting a tailgate spreader and I want to know what you guys like and recommend. I like the western 2000 what do you think? Thanks alot!
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I just bought a snow ex 1075 holds 600 lbs,have used it about 6 times now and so far no problems and like it alot.

Regards mike
  3. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

I have a Snow Ex 575 and love it.. Still have 1 Meyers/Buyers type with the exposed motor. Hate it lots of motor problems. I think a good dealer is just as important though...Chuck
  4. LocalTouch

LocalTouch Junior Member
    from Ohio

Western Pro Flo. Holds 950 pounds. Works great. Depending on the size of your lots, you shouldnt have to fill it up that often. Plus way it is designed, I use bulk salt and hardly ever have a material flow problem. Bulk salt is 60% cheaper than bags. Profit margin!
  5. Landscaper 70

Landscaper 70 Junior Member

Check Into

Check into a buyers tailgate spreader, have heard alot of good things about them. We have a couple of Snowex 1075 and they work well even after 4 or 5 years.
  6. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

not to bust your balls, but there is a dedicated forum called Ice Management/Control where this question belongs, you will find a lor more information over in that forum as far as spreaders are concerened.
    Also, you didn't say what you wanted to spread... If you want to do sand, the spreader you mentioned will not work, if not, than it will probably be ok.