1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys i have ford f250 and need to tranaport plow

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by UniqueTouch, Aug 28, 2015.

1. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Have to travel 70 miles in 55-70 degree weather to get plow home think itll be okay?

2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

Why does it have to be mounted on the front? Why not just throw it in the back? Your truck may run a little hot, but you should be fine. You don't have to double post your questions to get a response.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  3. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Put the plow in the back of the truck if you can .

4. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Did ya think I didn't think of that before? Lol

5. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Well why bother asking ? Just mount it on the front and drive it ....:confused:

6. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It's not a Chevy.

7. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i drove 25 miles with my new plow on in 90º heat and had no problems.

8. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

I did same thing last week temp was fine but outside temp went up to 122°

9. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Put it on the front. Around town driving (slower speeds) the fan should be able to still pull air around the plow and through the radiator. Once on the highway (higher speed) the plow changes the aerodynamics of the truck and your radiator will have trouble getting good airflow. If you drop the plow down as low as you can w/o hitting the ground, a lot of times that will solve that problem. You can run with your plow lower on the interstate than you can around town because you don't have the dips/bumps to deal with. Just be mindful when approaching expansion joints on bridges/overpasses that you may need to raise it temporarily.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  10. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

nope.

or when it gets hot, stop and let it idle with the heater on hot to cool off.
    humm. did you think of transporting it as low to the ground as you can and swung to the side to let more in to the radiator?.

or get a trailer?.....

or over think it?