1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys I have a quick ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Hello, Im looking at getting a lightbar, mainly for the work lights. I have a small strobe. But I want a lightbar that has work lights in the back and on the side. My question do your lightbar lights help you out at night. Thanks alot!
  2. dieseltroop

dieseltroop Member

You could go to whelen.com and outfit your own light bar with all sorts of combinations, like all strobes with work lights, or add LED's, or Halogen flashers. The lightbars can become exspensive, but it's all what you want. I have a whelen mini-edge lightbar that is 22 in. long. You can add a single halogen light to the front, but I am sure you can place it in the rear or just flip it around. Also you can add alley lights on the side. I just have the four strobes, and it cost me about $500.00 or so. I think it was worth it. It's really bright and gets the attention of people, even during the day. Otherwise there is a lightbar that is called the towman's lightbar I think it is, made by whelen, and that has the two rear working light. alley lights on the side if you so choose, two stop lamps to the rear (LED, or halogen I think), and can have 4 strobes or up to 12 if you want. That kind of lightbar would probably be over $1,000 if you did all the bells and whistles. There are LED's that are really good to. Very bright and last up to 100,000 hours. Good luck with whatever you choose. By the way, what did boss tell you about putting that heavy of a plow on your truck, I have the same truck. Been looking at plows, and really like the boss, but I thought it might be to heavy for the front. Are you going over your FGAWR with that type on there? Just questions I am trying to figure out before I put one on my truck? Good luck with the lighting.
  3. If you have the cash i would go LED bar light. I think there up to Generation 3.
    Cop cars have them here. There great. As long as there not behind you.