1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys I have a question!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Craftybigdog, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

Hey guys I live here in De and last night we got a dusting well about an inch and today its suppost to get up to 39 and then tonight plumit to 27 well my question is my accounts are set at 3in triggers so I dont have to plow but should I call my accounts and let them know that if it doesnt melt today because the ground is so cold that tonight that its gonna be a sheet of ice and be interesting tomorrow morning when everyone goes to work I would recommend just scraping this off, what do you think and what would you do?Thanks alot!

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i have some com and res accounts and on most com accounts want it done cause its easier to plow snow and you and plow crusty ice

3. skmodmsl

skmodmsl Member

My trigger is also set at 3 inches. I told my accounts to call me if they want me to come and plow for anything less. It's always a nice gesture though to call your customers and ask if they would like you to come.

4. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

We dont have a trigger based on accumulation, " plowing and or salting to occur at the discression of the contractor " We plow and or salt just about every event, based on various factors, time of event, weather forecast, day of the week, the nature of the customers business.