1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys any ideas what is wrong?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by doh, Jan 27, 2008.

1. doh

doh Senior Member

2. Jbowe

Jbowe Senior Member

I had a truck a long time ago that did the same thing. It had nothing to do with the way the plow was mounted but it did have to do with the truck just being plain worn out. The truck had been used for plowing and every other use you can think of for years and the frame had weakened so much that when you raised the plow it actually caused the frame to hump like a camel and it would jam the door on the drivers side. When the plow was off the doors worked perfectly.
  3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

twist o flex

i guess nothing a new frame wouldn't fix !
  4. yard5864

yard5864 Senior Member

My first rig was an '88 F150 with a 7'6" blade. It pretty much did the same thing. It was the frame that rusted out and sent it to its grave.
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

R I P......................................:D
  6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

RIP .....

Go back and have your buddy take a look at his frame.

Right behind the front wheel.
    Take a look at the holes in the frame .
    This is the crumple zone.
    The frame may not be rotted but I bet it is cracked.

It is ripping apart from plowing.
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

ya its the frame look at the cab and bed look how there pulling apart. pull the plow off and box the frame thats if u could get enough metal left in the frame to weld a new pice of steel too
  8. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Ouch, time for a newer truck.