1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Grotecguy, Mowey9,Cuttinggreen

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Kaptain_Kurt, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Do you any of you guys want to be a backup for me on my development? I don't plan on leaving town if snow is in the forecast, but I must have a dependable backup or two (or three) in case of breakdown.
    I signed the contract with them and have my plow rig. I am getting it ready for action and now I need to arrange for my backups. If you are interested, let me know and we can work something out.
    thanks,

Kaptain_Kurt

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  2. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I'm usually done by 8 AM with my route. I have 2 trucks of my own and my partners. Maybe we can do lunch someday, I work on the west side.
    Later,
    Mark K

3. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

My thoughts

I wouldn't mind backing you. I think it would be great if a bunch of us "small guys" could get together and to eat a bite or maybe take down a few :drinkup: . I think this would be a good idea. Maybe we could try and set up a date and try to help each other out. Just my thoughts. If you need me to help back you I would like to see it before the first snow and talk to you about how you plan on doing everything.

Aaron

4. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Sounds good, let's do it. I am in WDM. Grotecguy, I am not far from you at all. I am just up I-35, off the Grand Ave. exit, towards the west. Right by the DMACC campus, or Beach Girls, if you know where that is at Clearwater Beach. We can get to Howell's tree farm near Winterset in 10minutes from my house. If the PM function is back up, I will send you guys my email/phone number within the next day or two.

Thanks,
    Kap't Kurt

5. cuttinggreen

cuttinggreen Junior Member

I am always up for lunch as well as helping someone out if I can. I would love to get a group of central Iowa people together that can help each other out if someone get's in a bind. Let me know when and where and I will do my best to make it. Plus, I have a place near me that wants a bid, but it is really more than I am ready to take on and handle at this point and time. Could be a nice contract for someone. Unfortunately, it won't be me this year. Hopefully one of these days though.

Chris

6. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

PM still not up

Sat down to PM you guys, but it's not working yet.

~kurt

7. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

I'm up for lunch and a little chit chat about anytime. Bad thing, I only get a 1/2 hour. We eat at Tasty Tacos quite often.

Doesn't Beach Girls open up at 2pm on Saturdays???

Let us know,
    Mark K

My email is snowmds@i-rule.net

8. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

When? Where?

I don't know about Beach Girls, but if you guys want to meet somewhere I'm willing to almost anywhere around Des Moines. Someone just needs to say when and where and I would be happy to meet up with everyone. Any thoughts. Personally it would be better for me if it was on a weekend but open to any thoughts.

Aaron

9. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Got my exhaust done today and talked to the dude that's used this rig to plow out here for the last several years. He's kind enough to offer to come out and show me how to run this old sander and show me all the tricks with this old truck he's figured out. I'd post pics, but you would all die laughing :bluebounc

This saturday too soon? This one or next sat. I'm sure I could meet for a lunch about anyplace. Wanna keep it close to here so you can all check out the site.

Kurt

10. merez

merez Junior Member
    from dsm, ia

Hello everyone,

This sounds interesting. I'm also over in West Des Moines and am interested in getting my feet wet and learning more about plowing in the little time before this season kicks into gear. So drop me a line you if don't mind including a newbie.

11. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

?????

How about meeting up at the Tavern II out in West Des Moines. Its out off of 50th street. Any thoughts about there or about the time. How about like a Saturday at like 3 or 4 that way theres not a ton of people there.?????
    Aaron

12. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Works for me

Hey, that works for me. How about 3? Gotta be back for trick or treat!

~kurt

13. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

This Saturday

Will everyone be albe to do thie this Saturday or whould we wait until like next Saturday. Any thoughts from everyone else.
    Aaron

14. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

It may be kinda tough this weekend for me. I guess we have a Halloween party or something.

Next weekend would work out better for me,
    Mark K

15. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Ok there are two people saying this weekend and one saying next weekend. I can do it either day but next weekend I wont be able to until like after 5. Any more thoughts or suggestions?
    Aaron

16. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Ok. Anybody who CAN'T do it the following Saturday, Nov. 6th around 5pm?

~kurt

17. Mowey9

Mowey9 Member
    from Iowa

Sounds Good

Saturday Nov.6 at 5 p.m. works for me. The only thing that I have to do is take a CCW permit class next weekend.
    Aaron

18. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

If ya still want to try for this Sat I'll see if I can make it.

I'll be at Tasty Tacos from 11:30 to 12:00 today too,
    Mark K

19. Kaptain_Kurt

Kaptain_Kurt Member
    from Iowa

Well, sounds like Sat. the 6th works, let's plan on it.

kurt

20. grotecguy

grotecguy Senior Member

That will work out better for me.

Looks like I have a project for this weekend,
    Mark K