1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey fellas, noob to the forum, need help!

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by TroyG, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

So my brother has 16 trucks with his scaping biz and his packed solid with snow contracts. I have 3 and am finding it hard to get commercial biz. I try to contact commercial prop managers and they say no solicitation. Placed ads here and there, NOTHING! Got newer trucks with plows and spreaders in Northern, VA. Plus my brother is a certified Meyer distributor and mechanic so my trucks will never be down.

Any ideas on how I can try to line contracts up'd be much appreciated.

PS. Fun site you all got here.

2. grsp

grsp Member
    from indiana

well friend, this is exactly how this industry should work. your brother has spent all year maintaining these properties and building a relationship they trust. nothing chaps my ass more than when we lose a landscape client to someone else not in the business for the snow.

3. TroyG

TroyG Junior Member
    from Lorton

Got it backwards mister. I dont scape, I plow. Thanks for your help though, my struggling family appreciates it...