1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hey everyone new to the site

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by LBGDevelopments, Aug 1, 2012.

1. LBGDevelopments

LBGDevelopments Junior Member

hey everyone wanted to introduce myself im bob from somerset nj i own a general contracting company i have plowed for a few years now but never on my own with my own accts. i am in the process of getting some of my own now just not really sure how to charge i know i want to charge by the inch but how do u figure out how much is enough thanks

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Bob: welcome to the forums .... You need to ask the question in the Bidding and Estimate Forum. You previously plowed. How were those jobs priced. Use that as a guideline. Keep in mind that every operator has different overhead so use your previous snow plowing only as a guideline and do not feel obligated to copy it exactly. Do not low ball your bids. You will put yourself out of business. Good Luck / Rick

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Welcome ! You can learn a lot here, the search butten will be a big help.

4. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

welcome abord, you will find alot more people on here late fall and winter that are alot of help.

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Hey Fellow NJ Man....

Lots of good info here about pricing, but in essence it's what the market will bear, and the current rate in your local area. The crap-o economic downturn we're in doesn't help much either, as there are so many people out of work, and no one wants to pay. Hopefully you can find your niche up there.

Good luck this year. Just hope you get some snow.:mad: