1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Dodge guys what can I expect?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Craftybigdog, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog Senior Member

I just ordered two new springs both 47/47 right now I have 39/37 and the front dips to much for me so what will be the characteistics of the new springs and will it sit higher with the plow off?

2. DCTECH

DCTECH Junior Member

Yes it will sit higher with plow off with the #047(2036lbs) springs but won't sag when plow picked up. Ride will be stiffer. Your old spring#39 is rated at 1698 lbs. , and the #037 at 1400lbs. I put #046 in my truck ride is little stiffer, height went up 1", drops about 1/2 " when pickup my plow. 8ft. western proplow.

3. Roger Dodger

Roger Dodger Senior Member
    from nw Pa.

You have a Cummins and it came with 39/37 coils? I thought the standard factory setup for the diesel was 46/47?

4. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

My truck came with 38/39 combo (I think that's what the dealer report said?). The 47/48 is a really nice combo though.