1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey chicagoland do think it will snow this week

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Gavins Lawncare, Feb 13, 2006.

1. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

some forecast saying snow is coming

2. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Gavin, I just read an article in Accuweather " The next winter storm" Check it out they've got the heaviest snow coming right thru us! Yee-Haw :salute:

3. Gavins Lawncare

Gavins Lawncare Member

i praying ill put the plow and salt spreader away tommorro and get the mower out then i might snow :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: oh ay am praying

4. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes, get out some lawn equipment. Actually get it all out. Maybe the more you bring out the more it'll snow. I heard a Chicagoland forecaster say this is the most certain he has been about snow all year (I guess that means a 51%chance:rolleyes: ) Some preliminary estimates I'm hearing are saying 4-8, but the heavy snow band is only 75 miles N/NW of us. Could move south.

5. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

I heard the front is too unpredictable, rain to start, will change to snow, the question is what time?

6. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

As of right now, all rain or possibly rain/snow changing to all rain. This is NOT looking good.

7. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

it will be a fine line from basically chicago to detroitdepening o how fast the front drops down it can be either way, they are saying either way for us in Toledo

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

For us they are saying "SNOW" dont know how much....Lets all pray to the snowgod.........:angel: :angel: :nod: :nod:

9. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

now saying rain on wed to rain/snow that night turning to snow on thursday night. possibly 1-3"

10. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Don't be surprised if this one comes a little farther South. Just 3 weeks ago they called for 2-4 and we ended up with 10" in St. Charles and Elgin. I hope we get at least 4.5" Get us in the multipliers baby!

11. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS Senior Member

you guys are gonna get 4-6 plus

12. snow4Dough

snow4Dough Junior Member

This ones going to miss us !:angry:

13. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

They said 2-4 inches expected by Thursday. Looks like all rain for Chicago but for us snow..

14. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I'll take whatever we get but it looks like more ice than snow. Either way.payup

15. AlwaysGreener

Hey DLCS hows it going?? Yea I hope we get the snow but like you said I will take anything right now...

16. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Snow4Dough.....

Updated from NOAA......
    1-3 tonight with a wintry mix.
    1-2 additional tomorrow.
    Winter weather advisory until tomorrow midnight.

17. AlwaysGreener

^ yep heard the same....Do you do any driveways out in Sun City Del Web?

18. THE BOSS 1975

THE BOSS 1975 Senior Member

del web the" wrinkle ranch " lol

19. AlwaysGreener

LOL...yea they are a hard group to please....They want everything done for free...:dizzy:

20. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Temps dropping .... 39 at 3:30pm now about 33 here around 4:45ish. Hopefully they drop and stay down then chicagoland may get some snow.