1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Chicago! Things are lookig up!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Jan 6, 2007.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Just read an article that 11 forecast models are predicting 254% more precip than normal in the next 2 weeks! The highest model says 3.24 inches the lowest says 1.14. They're also talking about some pretty cold temps rolling thru at the same time! You do the math! BIG SNOW BABY!!!!!!!! payup :salute: payup

What do you guys think?
  2. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

3. AlwaysGreener

AlwaysGreener Senior Member

Winter will start to show itself very soon... We just did a huge grading job the past 4 days finished Saturday..and we still can't believe we are still working in January. I have work that will last 3 more months due to the nice weather.. So it either it snows or just get on with early spring..
  4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Trust me, i cannot wait to get my brand new plow out!
  5. bigfoot1

bigfoot1 Member

I hope so!! Every Time it is raining i look out the window and say dam if it were only 20 degrees colder !
  6. Snow Picasso

This is where it's going to happen! http://headlines.accuweather.com/news-story.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&article=5
  7. durchins

durchins Member

I am actually thankful for the nice weather we have received lately. First off, all my are accounts are seasonal and prepaid. Secondly, I am in the process of opening up a new bodyshop in Northbrook. It has been so warm we just poured our concrete parking lot. Never in a million years would I ave expected it to be warm enough in January for a pour.

Now that all my construction is done I cant wait for some cold snowy weather. I need some accidents so my shop fills up
  8. Snow Picasso

9. zman9119

zman9119 Member

The only issue is that the ground temperature is still above freezing. The air temp is in the upper 30's \ low 40's today, middle 30's tomorrow, then into the 40's Wednesday. While any snow \ ice tonight will keep the temperatures lower during the day Tuesday, it is not going to be anything major. The only thing that we can count on for sure is high winds.

If you look at any forecast past 3 days, you are just guessing. AccuWx has been putting snow of 4+" in their long range models since the Dec. 1st storm and look what we have gotten.

10. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

"But as long as we've no place to go......LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW, LET IT SNOW!!!"
  11. stroker79

heeeeere snow snow snow, cmon, heeeeere snow snow snow:bluebounc
  12. Snow Picasso

There's no business...like SNOW business....like Snow business..you know! Come on everyone all together now...Thers's no business... like SNOW business...like SNOW business..you know! Da Da dada!
  13. NorthernILPlwr

NorthernILPlwr Member

after reading this post ive come to the determination that we are in DIRE NEED OF THE WHITE STUFF (no not the stuff in a ziploc bag) ........so come on snow gods.....give us some!!!
  14. stroker79

Ahhh screw it, we dont want any snow:gunsfiring:

15. stroker79

16. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Everybody needs to stop jumping the gun here and post after it snows and you are done with your route.