1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Boston Boys, Send that stuff to Chicago!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Snow Picasso, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Snow Picasso

Snow Picasso Senior Member

Anyone know when Chicago is going to get anything resembling a plowable snow!
  2. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I guess you have time to enjoy the awsome things that only chicago has,such as the field museum,lincoln park zoo,cocktails at the top of the hancock etc!
  3. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

:salute: winters over.It went east for the next month
  4. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

lol Beers at the top of the hancock... u need to do alot of plowing to afford those !! payup
  5. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I don't really care what it costs us (wife) to go to chicago! It's our vacation,we work hard all year and we love that great city and all it has to offer! I'm counting down the days until the TASTE OF CHICAGO!!! Plow on :salute:
  6. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

from chicagotribune.com...........

Westward shift in vast arctic air mass could mean big snow not over yet

Published March 3, 2005

A wintry pattern is to dominate in the coming two weeks. A vast pool of frigid, late-season arctic air covers virtually all of the northern half of North America. For weeks, it has unleashed punches of cold air which have surged into the eastern half of the continent. But, in the two weeks to come, the core of the cold air is to retrograde (drift west), entering the U.S. farther west over the Plains and northern Rockies. This has potentially important consequences in the position of the continent's jet streams and the resulting storm track. Storms on the new track predicted to take hold in the next 1-2 weeks will have greater access to Gulf moisture and may be better able to transport it into the Midwest when cold air is present. It's a pattern which suggests that last of this season's big Midwest snows may not be over. Chicago residents learned the lesson firsthand in mammoth snowstorms which occurred beyond March 3 in 1930. The storm hit March 25-26 and produced 43 hours of snowfall at Midway Airport. Its 22.3" snowfall was on a par with Chicago's 1967, 1979 and 1999 blizzards. High winds produced 6-8 ft. drifts, crippling the city.
  7. Peopleeater

Peopleeater Senior Member

I would like to see it snow 22" here!

8. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

Hell yeah! And I don't even have a plow yet!

remembers to pick up lottery tickets tonight....
  9. rondoga

rondoga Junior Member

If you want it ive got it stacked in nice neat 8ft by 50ft piles
    in 9 lots come and get it :D
  10. 84deisel

84deisel Senior Member

I like the way the weather people love to get your hopes up only to see when it gets here it is only rain :cry: :waving: winter went east.
  11. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

We have plenty for the taking, about 16" on the ground now, not going anywhere until mid -late march.
  12. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Next plowable event 12-9-05 :drinkup: that's my prediction. Hope I'm wong