1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey Blizzard !!

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by KCAPXIS, Nov 16, 2006.

1. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Wake UP>>

I sent an question to Bilzzard via there website, asking where can I get a replacement switch for the hand held controller on a 810SS ???

and so far no response???

I really think that Blizzard makes the best off-highway plow going, but none of the dealers I talked to know any thing about the wiring / switch replacement on there SS plows!

If there is any body out there that can help, PLEASE give me a call 570-421-0417 Thanks Karl

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Karl,
    I would not hold my breath on this one. I too had asked a question through there website, twice even. No response, it was a simple question that the dealer could not answer. After getting no response through the website, I even called and left a message. Three weeks later and no response.

Good plows, but any contact with Blizzard seems a lot to be desired. Maybe this is something to ponder when purchasing. Kind of scary to fork over some big cash to a company that does not seem responsive.

Either way I did get my question answered here.

For spite, I asked another question through the website. More or less "Answer this one simple question and I will buy your plow tomorrow". 15 days later no response.

I sure do hate wasting my time, insulting even. Blizzard did a good job of wasting / insulting.

Chris

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

This is nothing new, I think that this is about the 10th time I have heard or read about someone emailing blizzard and not getting a response, all I can say is good luck.

4. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

thats why they have dealers, you couldnt buy it direct anyway so why bother asking them. you need to go to a distrubitor in your area. its nothing new when you deal with a big company. their job is to support the dealer and the dealer suports the end user. ever try to call ford or chevy for a part question? same deal..... you have to use the dealer network..

jeff

5. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

I tried 2 dealers,, one gave me a ??? look, ( was a welding shop. knew nothing about wires)
    the other gave me a price of $340.oo for a replacement controller, I only need a switch!

6. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Which switch is it? They are pretty easy to cross reference. My not be the best solution, but a couple of $ out of pocket might be worth more then wasting your time with a nonresponding manufacture.

You could try www.mouser.com
    or
    www.jameco.com

to find a replacement.

They would be happy to support your plow if Blizzard is not.

Chris

7. jeffw

jeffw Senior Member

here call this dealer,

vinnies truck accessories.... 413 568 1344 ask for joe tell him jeff sent you. not sure what the ss plow is im asumeing its the straight blade. what switch is it that u need? its not rocket science on these parts aven the repair kits have some switches in them. cant belive your getting a run around on it. but im sure joe can help u.

jeff

8. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Thanks!!!!!!!! I found the exact switch at Mouser.com $8.59 each!! Blizzard can lick my Snowballs!!!

9. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I would bet that if I emailed Ford or Chevy I would get a response. I would even bet that they might direct me to a dealer. An even larger wager that the Ford or Chevy dealer would be able to look in a computer and order the part. Heck I would even bet they could order the part and tell me the price.

You are trying to compare apples and oranges.

Then again, maybe I am wrong. Could be. I mean if company has a website with a page where a consumer can ask a question; foolish of me to think they would respond.

Seriously I am sure there are many a dealer who could help out, but in this case it did not. A reflection on the dealers or the company?

Chris

PS I still never got a response of where I can "Buy a Blizzard tomorrow" from Blizzard. Gives me a real warm fuzzy feeling. :(

10. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

"And there was much rejoice" :)

I think I finally got my list of emergency replacement parts for this plow (pins, hoses). After building a custom control, thank goodness I have the shoe box as a spare.

I still think you should send blizzard the bill. Make sure to add some value for your time as well, plus my consulting fee. :)

Chris

11. Budsoda

Budsoda Junior Member

I got lucky :nod: I have blizzard warranty & tech support direct phone number.
    let me know if you need it

12. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

I got the warranty as well.

Are you going to put the number up on Ebay or something? Or just start the bidding here?

Chris

13. Budsoda

Budsoda Junior Member

Hey ThisIsMe if you had blizzard warranty & tech support direct phone number why didn't you post it for KCAPXIS :confused: don't you think it would have help him...? DUH... and as far as auctioning off their number.. it seems to me that you are the one who think their phone number is so Precious are you would have posted it... maybe you should auction it off on ebay ...smart ass

14. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Sorry to confuse you.

"I got the warranty as well" implies that I do not have the direct number to Tech Support. For if I had the number, "I got the warranty and direct Tech Support number as well", would of been a more appropriate post.

My comment about posting it on Ebay was a facetious reference that you had a "precious" commodity.

Again sorry for the confusion. Will not happen again. :)

15. KCAPXIS

KCAPXIS Senior Member
    from NE PA.

Customer Service #

1 888 680 8600

here you go ! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep all questions simple!!!!! any questions requiring thought most likely will go unanswered. as in my case, all that the tech person could find out is that this part is outsourced. and did not know from where?

16. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

The tech might be referring to the controller being outsourced. If you open the controller up there is the contact info on the company who makes it on a big fat sticker.

Still a terrible answer. Akin to Ford saying "Sorry your paint feel off the truck the day after purchase, but we cannot help you as we out-source the paint."

KCAPXIS I hope you at least laughed over it. :)

Great plow terrible support.

Chris