1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey BB..

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by grandview, Aug 24, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Because I'm to lazy right now to look . My 2002 F250 a/c don't work. I don't use it much but it did work last week but the other day nothing . Is there a fuse or could it be low on freon ?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Could be a number of things GV... does it blow any air at all? In other words the blower fan is running its just not blowing COLD air?

3. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

it may be a leak, i have the same problem but just havent fixed it because no one is in the truck long enough (between stops mowing to bother them) Something i have heard tho is that running your defrost will run your ac compressor so when we do all our plowing we drain our ac units. it may just need a charge.. best of luck

4. grandview

Just blows hot air like my wife.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Good place to start is with a preliminary check of the fuses. Should have a 10 amp for the A/C relay as well as a 20 amp.

But I'm gonna bet you've got a larger issue (besides your wife :D) like a refrigerant leak due to the age of the truck.

If you have access to a black light, the A/C system in your truck will already be equipped with A/C leak detection dye. Makes leaks DIY capable.

6. grandview

OK, thank. After I get off the computer I'll check things out.You want you payment now or later?

7. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what are you gonna mow his lawn or something:rolleyes:

oh and you havent been off the computer in 2 weeks

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Already got it. :D

Jimmy_Buffett_Photo3.jpg

9. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

check electric plug or wire on ac compressor's clutch.

It happened to our 2000 F250 V10 that ac sudden stop work but it random when hit bad road it turn on then off.

Don't be surprise if plug actual dissolve from salt.