1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

hey B&B

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by elite1msmith, Jan 13, 2009.

1. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

95 chevy again.... electrical

i was lossing power this morning, so i removed the alt, took it in , and it tested just fine

re-installed it, with the same problem ,

just for kicks, i took a jumper cable from the post batt term, to the pos on the alt, and the voltage went up it was good

i havend check for loss battery terminals yet, (its cold out side) but there are two batteries, so i dont think they botho would be loss. anyway

ill be pulling it in shortly., i just wanted to know if there is something i should check...is there a charging system fuse? or something you know about. im sure its not that hard to figure out, but any inside tips are always helpfull

thanks always

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

hey elite use a meter to test output from alt and at the batt should be the same if not the wire might be rotted out.

3. elite1msmith

from chicago

ok.....will do

4. elite1msmith

from chicago

we found a break in the wire, no more problem

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dont tease b&b like this!:nono:

6. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If you upsize the wire when you replace it you will be happy with the results.

7. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

good to here you got some good luck see things are turning :salute: