1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey B&B!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by OneBadDodge06, May 22, 2007.

1. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

You be the man when it comes to this stuff so here goes..

I still had the wings drifting on my mvp even after the dealer looked at it twice and said they "fixed it".

So since its gonna be summer and all, should I just replace the valves instead of dealing with the hassle of the dealer? Thanks!!
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you know if they replaced any/which parts or exactly what they did to "fix" it? If not, I think I'd first check the settings on the relief valves and if their adjusted to spec, I'd just go ahead and change them out since Western had problems with some of them anyway.
  3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

They just knocked the valves back in cuz they said I kept ramming snow piles too hard and screwing up the valve. It would work fine then I'd stack piles and it was start to drift again.

But I agree....maybe that's not quite it and its the stupid relief valves this time. In a pinch I had a chevy dealer that installs plows try and work on it and I think they screwed it up worse.