1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey B&B!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Motorman 007, Mar 10, 2007.

1. I know it's not quite a plowing question but I'd like to pose this for you guys, especially B&B, who seems to be really good at diagnosis. The wife has an '05 GMC Envoy XL SLT. She just "remembered" to tell me that several times in the past few weeks the car seems to accelerate when she steps on the brake. She insists that she is not inadvertently hitting the accelerator. (I believe her, she is a good driver). It is definitely intermittent and is/can be scary. Any ideas? Thanks for any and all input!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Although the Envoy's do use a "drive by wire" throttle control that "theoretically" could cause uncontrolled throttle input without the driver's request, I'd first suspect a defective power brake booster creating a vacuum leak which would affect the idle speed when the brakes were applied. The drive by wire systems in the newer vehicles have so much redundancy built into them due to the safety factors, they seldom cause a problem.

3. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

When does it happen... Slow speeds (less than 10mph) coming to a stop??

Derek

4. Sorry for the delayed response guys and I appreciate the quick replies. It happens when braking to a stop at the point you are almost stopped, less than 5mph. It is quite startling to her. I tried it several times over the weekend with no symptoms.

5. Easy

Easy Senior Member

I had a Chrysler that did the same thing at about 7000 miles. The dealer ended up replacing the transmission, said there was a batch of bad ones.
    Just what I experienced.
    Don