1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey B & B What's wrong with my plow?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Bossman 92, Nov 16, 2008.

1. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 7'6" Western plow that I have never plowed with. When I put it on the truck a few months ago it wouldn't angle either way or go up, so I jiggled the wires and it worked. I hooked the plow up a few days ago and it worked fine, untill this morning when I tried to angle it to the left and it went right. Then it would only go right so I came home and set it down and now it won't do anything! It sounds like the selonide (sp) is trying, but nothing.

What do you think? Bossman

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

just from reading responses from similar posts i would check all of your grounds...

3. bloozeman

bloozeman Junior Member

i had the same thing happen to mine last year. the cause was a short in the remote control, bought a new joystick and it was fine.

4. Bossman 92

Thanks, the truck came with a new controler so I will try that. Icy.. I hadn't thought about that, mabey it will be a little warmer tommorow and I can do some checking.

Bossman

5. bharry20

bharry20 Senior Member

i would start by going back to the place you wiggled the wires at and check for broken or loose wire and the work from there checking everything for the same.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There's your magic answer Bossman. :waving: Likely somethings loose or corroded in the control harness...including the grill plug or control plug in connector so don't forget to check them as well.

And give Icey an A+ for mentioning ground leads. :salute:

7. Bossman 92

Thanks guys tommorow I will dig in and see what I can find.

Bossman

8. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yep, that's what was wrong with mine. When I was going to pick up the truck the guy called and said "I cant get the plow to go up" So he took money off the truck and it took me ten mins to fix the wiring when I got home. It was the ground.

9. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

got to love getting money back

10. fyerfytr

fyerfytr Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yeah it was worth my 10 mins, what a idiot. lol

11. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i learned from the best:salute::D

12. MDurling

MDurling Junior Member

Just remember we have all had our idiot moments at some point in our lives. If you have'nt had yours yet its coming! hope its not fatal. We all cant be the sharpest knife in the drawer or there would be no room for experts.