1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Hey all you DODGE guys!!!!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Dlongerman, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

I'm in the market for a used truck....

i need a truck that i can haul my walk behind on a trailer (i will probally be getting another walkbehind this year),
    but i also will need to be able to pull a skid loader once and a while, mulch, dirt and plow with (big church parking lot along with a town home complex and residential)...
    i will also be doing farming and working on farm equipment...
    i'd like a diesel just for the pulling power and for the fuel economy...
    i have found a few on Craigslist...
    I want to be able to put a dump insert in it too....

DODGE-BOY Senior Member
    from OHIO

Well, I guess with you already owning Dodges with the Cummins engines and you want looks, ride, power, fuel economy and all else a good truck can provide you won't be making the same crazy, irrational, rediculous, dumb mistake that only God knows why and for whatever reason caused you to posess one of them "other" trucks.LOL
  3. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

i don't own them.. that's just the company that i plow for.. i drive the 2008 Gehl SS but they are diesels and are nice to hear....but the skid is taking too long in the town home complex i plow at so he's going to sub it out to me and a co worker... o forgot to add i will also put a back blade on it...
  4. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

not gonna get fuel economy with a diesel...i have a 2006 3rd gen Cummins and average 11.5 around town and 15 on the Highway
  5. bader

bader Junior Member

still better than a gasser and with a chip you could do better
  6. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

the 04s get a little better mileage i get about 15 local 18.5 highway
  7. mostrowski

mostrowski Junior Member

I'll sell you 2003 in my sig. Its listed the plowsite classifieds.

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Just averaged 12.0 in the 06 with the mega blade on the front and a 250 gal tank of calcium on the rear. This while plowing for a few days and lots of idle time. On the HWY seeing 23 24 on the overhead is no out of the question.
  9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Put a quadzilla box on it. Its a 65hp boost and simple to put on and take off. Your fuel mileage will be over 15 around town and 18 highway. They are 250