1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's Your Sign

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ksgcapecod, Jan 22, 2009.

1. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

I plow this convience store which is in a strip with a pizza place and another vacant store. The pizza shop had closed up so just the store is open. I started to plow at the end where the pizza shop was right against the curb where vehicles would pull up to the front. I was about a quarter of the way through with a blade full off snow and a clear path behind me. Here comes Mr. Oblivious and backs right in about 15 yards from me. The passenger gets out and walks in the store. Here sits the driver doing whatever he is doing while he waits for his passenger. Meanwhile, I'm still sitting there strobes on, blade full of snow waiting. Another pickup truck pulls in with a sander in the back. I forget the business name but obviously a fellow plower. He pulls into the front next to Mr. Oblivious, looks over and sees me sitting there. He then backs up and into another spot on the other side of the parking lot and goes inside. I made sure that when he came out I thanked him. Of course he was out quicker than the other mutt. I'd love to hear some other stories from other members about people who sit on their brain.

Here's your sign!!

heres_your_sign_th.jpg

2. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

I was plowing residential driveways and there was just enough room for two cars to get by. Last year we almost had a record snow fall for the season. I was driving down the street going to the next house and it was about 4 am and snowing like crazy. I see two cars park in the middle of the street, so I could not pass on either side of the cars because of the high snow banks. I see two ladies, if you want to call them that, shoveling their driveway and they could careless if any cars could not get buy. I waited 10 minutes patiently and they would not move their cars and continued to shovel. I had to back up all the way down the street and drive a few blocks to come back on the same streeet to plow the rest of the houses on the street. Guess what I did after they finished cleaning their driveway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. gary42095

gary42095 Member

heh... there is no shortage of stupid, and or inconsiderate people.

i do a fairly large plaza with about 12 stores. gorcery, and a couple big box stores. now ther are more islands in this parking lot than i have seen. one at every isle approx 30 or so of them. well the less than desireable people shop at the grocery store and when its snowing people park where they feel like it.. mostly in the fire lane. but anyway ,first row in front of stores is single row, every other is double. some asshat double parks in the single row in which all the sheep follow and end up blocking the isle in between the islands. anyway i am trying to keep the lot clear in the middle of the storm and this complete jerkoff comes in and triple parks. completely blocking someone else in. - - - like that

so i stop my loader and tell him "sir you just triple parked and blocked that other car in, and you completely blocked the isle so nobody can get down it" he looked at me, looked at the cars, shrugged and walked inside. which fired me up even more because of peoples stupidity and laziness. so instead of pushing away from the building i went down to the end and pushed a full path of snow directly behind the guys car with a 12' pusher. he comes outside 20 minutes later and sees the snow. now, i am doing my work there is just one pile of snow behind his car. he goes back inside and gets the manager and i see they looking and the guy is throwing his arms in the air... manager just went back inside. took the guy about 25 forward / reverse to get out of the parking spot... and he would not come near me for some reason.. after he left i moved the pile of snow with the slight satisfaction i pissed him off. that was a few years ago... still do the same lot but make sure i salt soo much you can see the parking lines in a blizzard

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  4. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

What about the idiots that come in with their Hondas etc and do donuts over your windrows. One time there was a small car coming into the mall were I plow driving around what looked to me with 4 young people in it. Doing Donuts goofing around and smiling at me in my Tractor with 12 foot push. So I got on the phone and called the cops they came when they felt like it, turned out they were a driver trainer school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1. We had walls scraped at the back of the mall by drifting cars sometimes they like to cut through the back yard to the street behind. We usually blow snow into that area but there are always a few that will try to cut through the heavy blown snow only to find themselves bogged down. That will teach em!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Another time I was blowing back snow banks left by the plow trucks, driving along the length of the windrow when a snowmachine with two people on kept sledding underneath the plume of snow out of the machine. So after a couple of passes I got fedup with having to worry about them .So the next time they came by I lowered the revs of the pto resulting in the snow plume dropping right onto their helmets, Needless tosay they were gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ussmileyflagtymusic:gunsfiring: