1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heres what ive been working on lately

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by stroker79, Sep 28, 2007.

1. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Well while it is warm out here is what ive been working on.

There is still alot more work but its coming together nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

drooling_homer.JPG

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

X2 A picture is worth a thousand words.

4. stroker79

haha, thats hilarious, thanks grandview. I wish it were mine but I do get to drive it so thats all good. This car has 100% zero rust. originally from AZ and it has the original primer under it still. The car is sick.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If your in chicagoland area you can't be to far from me, when you stopping by with it? :cool:

6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Very impressive stroker, but where's the plow? That thing probably weighs more than some of our trucks here! Do you have pictures of how it was before?? Nice job

~Kevin

7. stroker79

Haha, well if you want to see it, we are always at a car show so you can see us there. The Meijer in rolling meadows has one every friday night for the next two weeks. We will be there.

Thanks, We didnt actually do the paint or the engine, my friend bought the car from a guy in AZ that did the complete frame off and restore. When we got it, it needed things like a new exhaust, the electrical system needs to be compeltely redone since the turn signal do not work nor do the reverse lights, the dash is falling apart, and we are going to be putting in a really nice sound system. There are about hundred other little things but its that stuff that really ties it all together when its done. The car is all original body panels and no more than one handfull of bondo so the car is completely rare. we are going to get it appraised in the spring just to see what its worth but my guess is about $75k.

My friend also has a 69 Chevelle SS with a fully built 502, pro built trans and rear end. Its about an 11 sec car, ill get some pics of that one soon.

I want to get some video of the 70 because its the smoothest running car ive ever seen. smoother than a camry. but obviously much much faster, haha.

8. PDQ Pete

PDQ Pete Senior Member

Beautiful car. I would block out the plate numbers.

9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Where's the plow go? :jester:

10. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Meijers? How much longer will the meet be happening? I'll look for you there.

11. stroker79

Yup! Actually its over now. It ended Oct 5th. Thats my friends car but im helping him with alot of the little odds and ends that need to be finished. Hes also got anouther chevelle, its bright orange, that one has been there a bunch of times. What kind of car do you have?

12. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

We just go to look at the cars once in a while. No show car, but I have a 95 Mustang GT.

13. stroker79

Ahh nice. Yeah there are so many nice cars there. Hopefully ill see you next year

14. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

Thats a very nice Chevelle. Makes me miss my uncles 69SS 396:cry:

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Just taking a second look.

homer.jpg

16. stroker79

You would like his other car then. a 69 SS 396 all stock cept for the 502, pro built trans and rear end that was dropped in:dizzy: that car is is wicked fast. ive heard its supposed to do low 11s.

I havent really been into older cars until recently but man was i missing alot!

17. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

ok doug..it's nice enough...bring her out for a spin

18. stroker79

haha, that car in the pic doesnt even know what salt or rain looks like :rolleyes:

Its tucked neatly away in a heated garage until probably late spring:sleeping:. I wish it was mine!

19. toyman

toyman Senior Member

OK, what is the engine? Does it have the dual gate shifter? Is it a number matching car?

I had a 70, 454 auto with the original wheels and tires 25 years ago. If I was smart enough to have kept it I could retire right now. I have seen those go at auctions to collectors for well over $100K.

Toyman

20. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Hey Doug,

You know you got bugs on you? :p