1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's the brand, blade delivery issues anyone?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Oldjondeer, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Oldjondeer

Oldjondeer Junior Member

It's a 12' Avalanche Optimus straight from mfg. that I am planning on putting on one of my John Deere 4 wheel drives. Unfortunately I'm told they put up a new shop and assembly line this year and are behind, even though nothing was mentioned of that in August when they cashed my check. I've looked all over the web but haven't seen anyone else complaining about not getting a blade delivered. Been a lot of calls and emails but no blade. Had my latest delivery date for the 8th, that has come and gone. Didn't want to be too negative....I'm still needing a blade for a tractor. I see company reps on here and don't want to rock the boat too much, just miffed that I paid and ordered early and don't have a blade, my money for 3.5 mo. and two lost push events. I like the optimus design, I've made 4 of my own blades, good enough to push out trees. But I wanted a good steel trip edged blade to work with my other rubber edges. Need one that I can beef up so I don't destroy it with the 4 wheel drives. 80 acres of lot in 6 hrs. with 9-10 guys equates to moving your A**! Anyone else have trouble with mfg. delivery promises???

2. skorum03

skorum03 2000 Club Member

I would have probably asked for my money back by now and bought something from different manufacturer. Especially if I had paid in August, had my check cashed and not received my product by mid-December. You lost two pushes already with it, and probably thought by ordering in August that you would have no issue getting it here in time for snow so you could put it to work and make money. I would be pissed