1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here's pics of our 2 trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by SKYNYRD, Jan 17, 2009.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

hope they show up, it's my first time trying to post pics in a thread and not a photo album on my profile.... i know the trucks filthy as can be, i just need one day above freezing so i can wash them but i don't see that happening anytime soon :(

the dodge is a 2001 with the 360 motor and a fisher minute mount 2 setup with a conventional 8' blade mounted to it. the chevy/gmc is our workhorse. we've had it 20 years now and have it registered as a 78. it's put together with parts from many years of the 73-87(91) body style. the flat bed is actually off of a 70 something ford. the plow setup is made up of fisher push plates and push beam, diamond headgear modified to fit a western cable controlled pump, a conventional 8' western plow with a custom deflector 5 trip srpings, a boss shock absorber and, part of an ortiz A-frame welded to it so that it fits the fisher hitch with no problem. :dizzy:

people call us crazy but sometimes you just have to make use of what you got and can afford and hey a torch and welder will make anything fit right? ;)

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Those trucks are screaming wash me!
  3. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Good looking fleet. I love the Chevy. My '77 Chevy half - ton is dying to be put back to work - needs ignition work. It pushes better than my 2000 chevy HD.
  4. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

sweet dude!
  5. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Nice trucks always like those old GM's, I have an 84 Gmc 4x4 still working.
  6. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

That is some nasty looking snow!! But the trucks are cool

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks for the kind words :) there's a chance for one warmer day come the end of this week and i'm really hoping. i hate walking outside every day and seeing them that filthy :cry:

got the heavy wet stuff falling as i type this but at least it aint ice ussmileyflag
  8. grnstripes

grnstripes Senior Member

I love that old GM they are great

SKYNYRD Senior Member

didn't really end up with enough to plow but i warmed the truck off to let the snow melt just enough to clean her up a bit :D

10. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

those older trucks will make you alot of $$$$
  11. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

when they dont break
  12. JamesN162

JamesN162 Junior Member

dont get me wrong oldies are goodies but they require alot more mait day to day not month to month like newer trucks

SKYNYRD Senior Member

anything will break down if you don't take proper care of it. all i'll say is when the gm breaks down it costs far less to fix than any other vehicle we've ever owned:salute:
  14. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Sweet trucks
  15. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

nice trucks. ive seen them around before. im from your area or close to it. these light storms are awesome enough to plow the full route but very light and easy on the trucks. we are gonna head on a salt/sand run in another hour or so. hoping for another inch tonight.:nod:

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks meyer, and everyone else too, it's really great to be complimented by your fellow peers. makes the blood, sweat, tears, time and, money you put into your equipment worth it ussmileyflag i totally agree meyer, these small storms are nice from time to time even though we didn't do everyone. the trucks get to make money and rest at the same time lol payup maybe we'll run into each other some time, stay safe out there!
  17. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

im sure one of these days we'll see eachother. i do a lot of accounts over in katonah/bedford area. we might be the only guys running a f-550 and 8611 on a residental route lol. good to know local guys for when the big storms hit. never know when your gonna need a hand out there. we also do landscaping, lawn care, excavation, and drainage work in the warm season.
  18. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

nice trucks. we run a pile of oldie's, but like your said, parts are cheap, and usually stocked at the partshouse. or there's lots of them for parts junked.

we run a 77 bronco, and are working on a 85 f-250. the bronco's been plowing for 27 years now.

i would think, if a guy spent half as much as a new truck payment every month, these old trucks would never break down..

SKYNYRD Senior Member

well said my friend! over the last 3 summers we changed almost everything in our gm. it has so many new or just about new parts in it it's not funny. yeah, we still have issues from time to time but they're issues we can fix ourselves and at this point all the major repairs have been done and we're up to the routine maintance part again just as if it were a brand new truck for real. i'll bet that bronco is a great plow truck. keep her running strong and good luck with the 85 ussmileyflag
  20. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

oh i've had alot of those old chevys years past. great trucks. very strong.