1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's my ugly new Chevy!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by LB Landscaping, Apr 1, 2003.

1. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Come on it's not that bad is it???

p1010001.jpg

2. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Actually the looks grew on me. Here's another

p1010002.jpg

3. LB Landscaping

from Maine

One more!!!

p1010003.jpg

4. TrailK10

TrailK10 Member
    from NH

I like it! I think if you paid 26K for it you made out pretty well. whats it got for an engine and tranny? what do you plan to put on it for a plow?

5. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Well, honestly I like the 3rd pic the best! :D

Really though, it's very nice! What kind of plow's going on it? Didn't look like there was a frame on it.

Congrats & good luck with it.

-Tim

6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Yours doesnt look too bad, maybe cause its red and a dump truck? Looks nice half red and half black though. :) Best of luck with it! If you plan on putting a plow on, a Fisher would look great on there, as would a Western cause I love a red truck with a red plow as everyone here knows, but I think the Westerns hang too low on these newer Chevys. Let us know what you plan on putting, if anything at all. Mike :waving:

Last edited: Apr 1, 2003
  7. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

You beat me to it!

8. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Thanks guys, defiantly getting a plow. I am going to get either a Fisher 81/2 V or the Boss V. Both dealers are right down the street from my house I just don't know which one I'll get. any advice?? Will the Boss 8 2" V be too short??

9. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Oh yeah, its got the 6 liter V8 gas. Wanted the diesel but oh well maybe next time. :D

10. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I think i would just concentrate on finding a plow that lifted high enough and was light enough to carry all summer so you can hide that GOD FORSAKEN front end:D ,Sorry,didn't mean to drag the lord into this but i'm quite certain even he would have to agree.

Now now,quit swearing at me,you know it's true,those trucks look like they fell from the ugly tree hooked to a bunjy cord so they hit all the branches goin down,then they hit'em all comin back up:D .C'mon,only kiddin,it's not that bad,I would tint the windows just to be safe though!I'm sorry man,good luck with your new truck,hope it makes you lots of $$$$$:waving:

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

LB saw a 03 dump at the local chevy dealer ,was nice except for the front end.This guy custom ordered this truck.It was green with a goodwin body fron donovan in NH diesel /auto with push button 4x4 was a LS cab also had some other toys on the dump with a strob system.But if you get a plow like the diamond you can leave the head gear on to hide the front end ;) .good luck with it .

12. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Cat320 and Arc Burn, I agree with your way of thinking about getting a plow that the headgear stays on the truck to kind of hide the looks of the frontend, but Diamond is put out by Meyer and you know how I feel about Meyer. :D Meyer is a big no no, lol. Seriously though I think his truck is nicer since its red and is a dump truck. Atleast he stayed with GM products. :drinkup: Mike

13. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Contrary to popular opinion, I like it! :drinkup: I think a set of Chrome dually simulator things would look pretty cool...

-John

Keep posting pictures of it, its bound to grow on the guys sooner or later...

14. VictoryRedK1500

VictoryRedK1500 Member

I like it...nice truck. If you ever see the 2003 Commercial Chevy truck brochure, there is a carbon copy of your truck in the catalog. I've got one sitting right here at the house.

15. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Come on guys it's not really that bad is it??? I think I'm going to cry!!! But seriously, I hated it when I first saw it. It definatly grows on you, I love it now. I'll drive it proudly, it is a GM after all!!!!:D

16. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

LB, congrats,you got a nice work truck. That 03 front end is terrible,ruining the lines of an otherwise great looking truck. On the plows,Having run both the Western 8.6MVP,and the Boss 9.2V, Id get a Boss 9'2" V for it.IMO the 8'2" and 8'6" are to small for that truck,you'll get to close with the body and mirrors when cleaning close to poles,buildings and during turns. Besides it doesnt weigh much more than the others,and the 9'2" is very fast. The 9'2" Boss will do the same job as an 8'6" fisher/Western,abotu 15% faster also. I keep records of time logs,per inch and we use them to schedule the routes,the Dodge/Boss does 1-2 more accounts per storm,than the GMC/Western does in the same time.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2003
  17. A.L. Inc.

A.L. Inc. Member

nice truck

Hey LB-I like it. Don't forget, it doesn't matter if it is ugly, the important thing is that IT MAKES YOU MONEY!!! So much that you can go out out and buy whatever you want to drive. Good luck with it. Mike

18. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Wel I know mike will not like the plow but here is a nice chevy with central hydraulics,But it cost like $42,000 i think this is last years model from nucar chevy.

70154[1].jpeg

19. LB Landscaping

from Maine

Hey John thanks for the advice. I am leaning towards the Boss, and you're right the 9.2 would probably be a better choice.

Al hopefully I'll make enough to buy the new Corvette I saw at the dealer I bought the truck from. Maybe in a few years after the truck is paid off.

20. DanG

DanG Senior Member

I like it :D
    Too bad it's not white:(
    I looked at one just like it in that color with a western v-plow on it.
    I thought it looked really sharp in that color too besides the red like your's.

Maybe later this year I'll be able to pick one up( if the Boss ie: wife, lets me)

Dan