1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's my story,again.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by grandview, Nov 25, 2012.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Don't know what happened to it this morning,So here goes. A few years back my neighbors kids bought the parents snowplowing service for them, So when the first snow came I was out with the dog and this plow trucks comes flying into the driveway. Since it was his 1st time there ,you'd think you would careful the 1st time. Not him,slides on the ice and the cutting edge slices open the side of their van! You should of heard him cussing all over the place, Of course I felt sorry for him,but I was laughing ,just because how he came into the driveway.

2. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

3. potskie

potskie Senior Member
    from Ontario

4. M.McDaniel

M.McDaniel Member

I and a small crew were at a place cutting up trees after a hybrid ice/snow/wind storm a few years back when we hear the roar of dual flowmasters. We look across the street as the guy blasts into the small driveway and watch as he sheers off the top of three raised bed sprinklers, then slams into the garage door, one of the high end carriage style doors. The system wasn't winterized so water was squirting. The guy furiously backs out of the driveway/garage junction, cuts the wheel sharp and lops off two more on the other side. Water starts squirting, and the guy takes off down the road as if nothing ever happened. The homeowners pumped water out of their pond for irrigation, and must have had the pump set really high, because it looked like the bellagio fountains in their driveway with water shooting about five feet high out of all five sheered heads.

5. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

So do your neighbors not like you or are they cheap?

6. birddseedd

birddseedd PlowSite Veteran

I hope you got the job after that one.

i bumped into a snow pile once. ended up having to get out and clean up my backup camera

7. grandview

I will do it for free if they ask.But they know I don't do driveways.Since then he's back to snowblowing it himself.

8. birddseedd

5 minutes,,, 25 bucks,,,

300 an hour..... course in reality best iv done was 200 an hour in a particular neighborhood. but still. why dont you do dives?

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Too bad you didn't get a video, it would have made one heck of a marketing tool for you.

10. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Yeah, GV..... Why the heck don't you do Dives ?:confused:

Or maybe you do, but you're just saying you don't do dives just to throw us off .....

11. grandview

Because with my commercials I know what time they open,what time the first person comes in,what time they close. Driveways ,everyone wants to be first.

12. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

13. birddseedd

hehe. now you see why i started the same question as last year thread. drives can be tough. but i suppose thats when you bring in your sub's employees.

14. grandview

Use to so a strip club,does that count?
    Driveways are easy,I just don't want to be bothered with them.

15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

GV lives practically next door to the strip club. He only does a few drives for cash so he has some cash for the club.

16. grandview

[​IMG]

17. birddseedd

I don't understand... more money...

18. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Ha ha ya scott they called me this fall for an estimate.

19. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I thought he got an employee discount there

20. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have to agree. Residential's are a PITA. Not the actual work just the customer aspect. As mentioned they all want to be done first and done before they go to work in the am. I'd rater stick with commercial.