1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's my ride...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Lubold8431, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

1999 Chevy 2500 WT (8 Lug) 8600 GVWR, Plow prep pkg, towing pkg, 5.7L V8, Auto tranny, 4.10 axle ratio, 8' bed, regular cab.
    Attached is a 8' Fisher HD, Minute Mount 1. Plow is a 1999 or 2000. Has a custom back drag blade on it, came with it when I got the plow last season.

This setup replaces my Dad's 1978 Dodge 150 with a 6.5' Meyer Plow (still in use on the farm).

Here are some pics from today...

P1010130.JPG

P1010131.JPG

P1010129.JPG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  2. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

And some more pics... Took some pics of the back drag blade. Taking that off for this winter....

P1010133.JPG

P1010127.JPG

P1010128.JPG

3. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that truck looks nice i bet shell get some good use on the farm...why are you taking the back drag blade off?

4. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Yes, she will. I didnt need it last winter, and its really heavy, adds more weight that I dont need.

5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very nice truck and plow. I like the saftey rack on the truck.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

our trucks are almost identical mine looked exactly like yours before i lifted it. the only thing i am missing is the plow and the back rack.

7. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looks good! You have a very similar setup to MCWLandscaping (on here)- good looking trucks!

8. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Thanks guys for the comments so far. I have seen some guys on here with a very similar truck to mine. I think that color was very popular back in the late 90's.
    I'm only one guy with one truck and one plow, just breaking into the snowplowing biz. Trying not to be a low-baller, but I am in it for some beer money!!! I do have a full-time job that snowplowing will have to compete with, but I'm only looking to get a small route.

9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

You took my truck!!! lol....SWEEEEET rig, any interior pics??

btw, what is included in your plow prep package? Mine does not have that unfortunatly!

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

once i get my rig back from the body shop i am gonna have to post some pics so i can show you just how simmilar our trucks really are.

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

So all three of us must have very similar trucks then?? btw ABES, i found the exhaust for my truck, getting it from lmctruck.com hopefully before winter!

12. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

good to hear my exhaust is so rusted right now its being held up with bailing wire lol. and the mufflers were plugged so i put in a piece of straight pipe but i think i am going to have to quiet it down a bit before deer hunting lol. i better stop before we hijack this thread too bad.

13. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looks a good soild truck congrats i wish you the best of luck

14. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Thanks alot. Working on the hard part now: getting some more customers...

15. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice looking truck, good luck with it!

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I know of another guy who has a truck almost identical also, no plow or backrack though.

17. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Nice rig! It's nice to see one that color... :drinkup: