1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here's my plowing toy ..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by groundbreakers, Nov 26, 2007.

1. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

yes i know after almost 4 yrs on here .. im finally posting a pic of my plow machine .... i got the plow on a good price ... its not a professional setup .. but i do a few small lots around town .. and a few big residential drives .. plus i just picked up a Meyer Mini salter .. for a great price .. will get a pic of that soon .. and yes i do have warning lights .. there just hidden .. decided stealth mode this year .. so no wise cracks about the plow !! ... LOL

IMG_4530.jpg

2. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks wet covered not white covered

nice truck tho

3. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Every plow has its place just keep the foot out of the gas or you will bend some things. Looks good

4. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

I had a Snow Bear plow on my 96' F-350 CC LB PSD and it kicked ass! I bought it from my boss at the time he used it two or three time and then bought a Western because hw was too lazy to get out of the truck to angle it. IT was the best $100 I have ever spent. I only used it to do my drive and my dad's, but like said go easy on it and it will last.

5. groundbreakers

well the first plow that i had was 7yrs old .. and i got into a accident with it back in Jan of this year ... so what i use it for it been great .. sides saves me time on driveways .... talkin about instant money ... $30 dollars a pop and i have about 20 of them .. not including commercial ..

6. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Man oh man, I can't believe after all this time I finally get to see the payup maker, hey I'm looking for some extra help this year right in your neck of the woods. I have a big school/church that I need a third person on, if your interested PM me and let me know.

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Ok, I'll be the first. What's it gonna be when it grows up?

8. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

You'll never see me bashing Snowbear! I love mine.
    Nice rig, too! you could almost put the 7'4" model on that truck and handle it no problem.
    -Mike

9. groundbreakers

since its yellow .. probably a fisher ... LOL ...

10. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice set up. I like the Dakota. If I didn't go with red, that blue would be next on the list. You need bigger plow lights! They look too small to me. Where did the factory fog lights go?

11. groundbreakers

yah the new dodge ram's have the same intense blue .. but just a tad bit darker ... actually i was checkin out the price of some universal plow lights .. kinda like western for $75 a set .. i was thinking about a boss poly sport next year .. but worried about the weight on the front suspension ...

12. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

best color truck ever, lol baby that tranny man, we went through 2 on the 2002 dakota we had with light plowing, truck only had 30k on it. a tranny cooler would def be a good investement take it form me.

13. groundbreakers

ya im gonna throw one on shortly .... i like the new deeper intense blue on the new rams

14. groundbreakers

i took out the factory fog lights .. 1 due to after market front bumper didnt match up holes to the lights ...2 one of the lights and a seal leak and kept fogging up .. so i took em out .. till spring ..

15. THEGOLDPRO

yeah i still like the intense blue our trucks have better, its more eye catching then the new one.

16. groundbreakers

yah .... gonna take a quick trip to the body shop in the spring .. a lil sand blasting .. and a couple paint touch ups .. and presto ... 10 yr old truck like brand new !!!

17. THEGOLDPRO

yeah same here got a few spots that need fixing, my front bumper has some rust on it, and a few scratches on the truck overall.

18. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

Nice looking truck! Now when you say you plow residential drives, do you do a lot of back-dragging? I was thinking about getting a snowbear for my Jeep. I would be doing probably 10 driveways.

19. groundbreakers

yah a i made a special bracket that bolt onto each side of the plow and i took a strip of 1/2 steel by 3 inch high .. and bolted it to the back side .. so when you go backwards .. it grips into the snow .. and presto works like a charm ..

20. rob mac

rob mac Junior Member

Hows the Snow bear working out on your Dakota? I have the same truck, and am thinking of a snow bear. Would you recomend it?