1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's my new toy!!!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Playboy, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Can't wait to use it!!! Thanks to all the help guys. This is the 8.5 MVP with hand held.

100_0660 (Small).JPG

2. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Another view... This thing is so smooth.... I'm cleaning out a spot for it in my garage. I don't want it sitting out side.

100_0661 (Small).JPG

3. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

4. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Can you get me a picture of just the mounting brackets where they sit on the truck when the plow isnt on? Did you need to cut the valance?

5. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

Have the same plow and no you don't have to cut anything on the front bumper to make it fit. :drinkup:

6. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

I'll get you the pic today. Nothing needs to be cut but I can see how it did prior. I'm going to get some Timbrens for the front. Driving it home i hit a few bumps and the truck took a few bounces before it settled down. The tips scraped a few times durring the bounces.

7. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Here's the first pic of the mount.

Plow 3.JPG

8. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Second....

Plow 4.JPG

9. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

3rd close up. Let me know if there is anything else you want to see.

Plow 5.JPG

10. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

I had a post on this earlier, but now responces... Just wondering if anyone has put their tow hooks back on after installing a western plow??? It really looks like it is possible with a longer bolt...

11. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Does any one really use their tow hooks? It does look like it's posible because they attach inside that mount so rather then using two bolts you might be able to use one long bolt.

12. Frozen001

Frozen001 Senior Member
    from Rome NY

It's not really for use, although I have had times where I wish they were still there... Just I think help the looks of the front end instead of having the void there... I mean if the truck did not have the tow hooks the lower faring would have been smooth there... At least with the hooks there there is not this giant hole for no reason there.

13. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks good!

William

14. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Thanks for the pics. Now I know what mine is going to look like as soon as I get it on (waiting for the dealer order to come!) It really looks like you get all your ground clearance back when the recievers are off!

15. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

I wouldnt try putting the tow hooks back in. I had a conversation with a western tech a few years back and they had tested with them in and didnt like the results, thats why we dont re-install them.

16. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the new, lower mount? I believe Western came out with a lower mount so no cutting would need to be required.

William

17. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

It could be. I called my dealer on the status of their order a while back, and I asked him about the mount and he said they still use the one where they have to cut the valance, but he said they do a really good job at making it look sharp. Can someone show me what they have to cut on the valance? Is it that noticable?

18. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

It's probly this section but i would tell them not to cut it. I've seen some trucks that had this section cut and it is noticeable.

Plow 4a.JPG

19. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

You might want to just leave it as is.I traded in a truck in the spring where they cut out the front for mounting and when I removed the plow the front end looked pretty bad.

20. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

Nice Truck and V!! :drinkup:
    Did you crank your torsion bars up?