1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

heres how to charge .

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by carl b, Dec 11, 2009.

1. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

2. Snowplowing when truck was down for 14 to 18 inches snow storm. BY OTHER COMPANY!

Easy way to charge. Say your plow is broke down & in repair shop. Hope for a storm to come when it is down & in shop to see what every1 else is charging. Did this in 1-31-2009 Truck went in shop for State Inspection. My grandma paid $68.90 for 1 push that she claims that took under 3 minutes & the jobs WAS NOT COMPLETED & LEFT PILE OF SNOW IN FRONT OF THE GARAGE $68.90 for three minutes. THAT IS $22.966666666 PER MINUTE! My mom had the same thing done but took 5 minutes for 1 push of $68.90 that was $13.78 per minute Once again the job was not completed! But did not block garage DUE TO SHE WAS WATCHING! Fully Insured & LLC to Operated company. THIS IS SNOWPLOWING " NOT SALTING " WAS 14 INCHES TO 18 INCHES SNOW STORM. IF THE CUSTOMERS GET THERE OWN ICE CONTROL I PUT DOWN FOR FREE! ALSO BE DOWN THICK. What normaly be 2 bags job will be 6 bags job.
    Who said anything about spreading of Ice Control. ABOVE WAS NOTHING ABOUT SALT SPREADING. WAS JUST SNOWPLOWING OF 14 TO 18 INCHES

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I sincerly doubt that anyone is getting 2.75 per pound of salt spread. That comes to 137.50 per 50 pound bag. I sure wish I could get that kind of cash. Every 50 pounds pays for a ton of bulk. Spread 1 ton of salt and take the rest of the month off with 5,500.00 cash in your pocket.

4. Who said anything about salt spreading

The video came up as an error for me. That is price for Snowplowing for 1 push cost. Also at that time fuel price was around $2.799 to $3.109 per gallon.

5. Rc2505

If fuel was $100.00 a gallon you would still make an insane profit at $2.75 per pound spread!

6. WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SPREADING SALT or ANY KIND OF ICE CONTROL?

WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SPREADING SALT or ANY KIND OF ICE CONTROL? THAT IS WHAT THE OTHER COMPANY CHARGES FOR SNOWPLOWING! NOT US! CAN NOT PLOW WHEN THE ONLY TRUCK IS IN THE SHOP! WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT US SPREADING SALT OR ANY CAN OF ICE CONTROL.
    I TELL ALL CUSTOMER'S TO HAVE A BACK-UP IN FEB. WHEN THE TRUCK GOES IN FOR STATE INSPECTION. I DROP IT OFF WHEN THE STATE INSPECTION IS UP LAST DAY OF JANUARY. TRY FOR A FEB. 2011 FOR THIS YEAR!
    I get 50 lbs bag of Traction melt CASH N CARRY FOR $7.00 PER BAG ON 200 BAGS OR MORE! $8.00 PER BAG ON 100 BAGS OR MORE. But 5 here & 5 there total of $58.30 for 5 bags.

7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That was complete BS

8. hairygary

hairygary Senior Member

That video had some crazy salt prices, but have absolutely no clue WTF you are talking about.:dizzy:

9. I was talking about these!

Just to see what other companies charges. When the truck goes in the State Inspection garage. I have only 1 truck. When in any shop I rent a car! DUE TO THE INSPECTION GARAGE TAKE FOR EVER GETTING IT BACK TO ME! They also do towing for motor clubs. That comes 1st.

10. Rc2505

I am completley talking about the video clip. Don't get so excited.

11. Sorry

I am sorry. I could not play the video. My security software program blockled. it was a high risk!

12. Runner

Runner Senior Member

This is just too funny...No, check that...hilarious. Yeah,...$6000 per ton for salt! What is that, like $12 per grain shovel full? This is about as funny as all the other "gopher haul" stuff just like the accurate info to get everyone into the "grass cuttin' biz". See, the strategy is - inflate all the numbers, make it seem like it is all glamour and riches to encourage more people to flood the market. the more people that get into it are more apt to buy into their "program". Marketing at it's finest.

13. Check out that video on son's computer. Sounds like That $2.75 per pound spread! INCLUDES LABOR & FUEL USED TO SPREAD IT.? Notice that when a storm is coming Ice control goes up. Once it passes for a week then Ice Control goes down!