1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heres another great paying craigslist find

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Harleychvy, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Harleychvy

Harleychvy Senior Member

2. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

Now thats just silly!!!
  3. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

My ex girl friend grew up in Skowhegan. Not far from Waterville, poor area of Maine. Thats probably not to bad pay. Not top pay but I would imagine its comparable to others in the area.
  4. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

You get less money for owning a truck and plow? And it says telecommuting is ok. Exactly how does that work???
  5. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Telecommuting is when you call the snow and ask it nicely to move off the lots. I think 10 dollars an hour is pretty decent pay if thats the way you move snow.
  6. scitown

scitown Senior Member

HAHA. I would owe money if I plowed for him. Landscaping isn't bad pay for up there. Yeah where do I sign up . HAHA
  7. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

If telecommuting is allowed do I still need a Maine drivers license?
  8. BigLou80

BigLou80 Senior Member

Exactly my thoughts. $10 for truck and plow I wonder if the guy is nice enough to buy your fuel for you at that price
  9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I am pretty sure I read in the laws somewhere that if you only telecommute your snow, I do not think you have to maintain your drivers license. However your plow insurance must be kept up to date, and I think the premiums drop a little as well.
  10. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

$10 an hour with your own truck would not be worth it. If you had to pay for the fuel and insurance.
  11. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

10.00/hr my truck umm I won't answer the phone for that.
  12. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

mebbe he forgot a zero.
  13. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

If you have 4 years you know better, should drop that down to 1year plower drivers.
  14. tom_mccauley

tom_mccauley Senior Member

More like 1 Hour!!!! That is just crazy! who (in their right mind any how) would sub at that rate with their OWN equip? I sure hope it was a typo, and they forgot a "0"!! :drinkup: (I personally would not even float an air biscuit for that guy for $10.00!!!)
  15. Woodland

Woodland Senior Member

That has to be a typo. $15 for landscaping isn't too bad for this area, but $10 for plowing with your own equipment is just plain silly.
  16. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

If I knew that somebody was plowing anywhere near me for $10 an hour w/ their own truck...I would give them a lot of space :eek:

That has to be an error :nod:
  17. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Yeah, the error is in the advertiser's head.

There's a guy near me who used to advertise for subs, when I called he wanted guys with trucks and was offering $12/hour. Seemed he was having difficulty finding drivers...
    I told him I'd help him out with my truck after my route was done for my then going hourly ($65 dump, $45 pickup) and he dropped a brick...

He actually had the stones to call me early in the season for the next 2 seasons to see if I was interested in plowing for him under that same agreement...Could he have really been that out of touch as to think I was not getting work...

I know Waterville/Skowheagen yeah it's low job rate, but fuel, insurance, truck maintenance.... it costs the same there as it does here, especially when you might have to drive 20 minutes between each driveway up there!