1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's a winner

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SnowMatt13, Oct 28, 2007.

1. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Had my plow from my '01 Chevy put on my '05. I bought the entire truck side new and had it installed. My plow is a 9-pin, that it is what was on my '01. Got it home, everything works except the headlights. Took it back, I was told I need the 12-pin. Dealer will swap the 9-pin that they installed for at no cost:cry: . They were the ones who told me the 9-pin would work. Question, what if anythig has to be done to the plow side for this to work?? If it needs a 12-pin plug how does that get installed?? Spliced in ? 'Thanks for any help.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You'd also swap the complete plow side over to the 9 pin. I'm surprised they installed the 9 pin first as your truck is too new, a 9 pin wont work..

3. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Plow side is a 9-pin. Yes, I am very dissappointed in this whole deal. They are better than this. With the 9-pin everything works except when I turn my headlights on the highbeams or on in the plow lights, when I turn the highbeams on in my truck the lights on the plow go out, like the wiring was reversed or a bad relay.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Right, that's because the harness's are different internally, it's not just the addition of 2 more pins/wires that make the 9 and 11 different.