1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heres a Tip for 01 2500hd owners...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PremierLand, Sep 25, 2005.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Heres a tip for when you do brakes....

The rear brakes on the 2001 HD take the diesel rotors. I went to 3 different places, all told me the same part number for my gasser, they wouldnt fit on the rear, so I took the old one off, and matched it up at the store, it ended up being rotors for the 2001 2500hd diesel... Maybe the stores here in MI have F-ed up computers, but anyway, hopefully it'll help someone out so you dont waste like 2 hours going to different stores and such.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Just curious.... what was the difference?
  3. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

the depth of the original one they gave me for my truck, was 1/4" short and it wouldnt clear the parking brake shoes.
  4. BowTieDmax

BowTieDmax Senior Member

The duramax trucks has GM's biggest axle. The center hole in the rotor is also bigger for the duramax 14 bolt rear. If I am not mistaking the ring gear is 11 1/2 " apposed to a 10 1/2" in the standard 14 bolt in the 2500hd. I also read awhile back that the front axle in the duramax and 8.1 trucks has more ribs / gussets on it. :waving: