1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here's a small look of my 07 2500HD

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jon Geer, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I am just about done, just waiting for some powder coated pieces to come back. She'll be 100% very, very soon.

Thanks.

Jon

07 HD 031-1.JPG

07 HD 001-1.JPG

07 HD 013-1.JPG

07 HD 015-1.JPG

07 HD 028-1.JPG

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Nice ride man! What are you getting powder coated?

3. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

The 07 has the new body style right? can you post up some pics of the truck?

4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

The new body style 07s are not for sale yet.

Regards Mike

5. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The truck is a Model year 07, not the 08 you might be thinking about. The truck in the photo is stickered 2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.

Thanks.

6. nepmgmt

nepmgmt Member

does that have central hydraulics if not what is that big box in back fuel?

7. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I was debating on buying that or a Ford F250SD and we went with the SD. But all the booklets I got from Chevy didn't look anything like that (truck body style wise). The front end seemed wider and higher than that one. Who knows, but won't that 16' wing push that 3/4 ton around somewhat? Watching and talking with Jerry from Jerry's Service last year or so he had a wing and if I remember right he said you needed at least a one ton (he had one on a 3/4 ton SD.....I beleive. Looks ready to plow some snow though.

8. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Im pretty sure that is his gas engine that runs his hydraulics.

Nice truck, Jon. Nice touch with Double O 7 on the back window.

9. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The box in the back of the truck has a 13hp Honda engine equipped with a hydraulic pump, tank, and manifold to run all of my plows. The truck does not have a wing, the SwingWing is the brand name of the rear expanding snowplow. Pics of that will be here shortly, just waiting for it to get back from powder coat.

Thanks for the comments.

Jon

10. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Here's a closer look into the Honda Box.

07 HD 029-1.JPG

07 HD 011-1.JPG

07 HD 017-1.JPG

11. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Whats up with the bumper?

12. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

I don't mean to sound like a idiot but can someone explain to engine in the back for the plow? I have never seen nothing like that in my 30 years of being on this earth? I am just use to straight 7' 6" blades smaller trucks. So I would be interested in hearing about that setup with the plow.

Thanks

13. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I'll quickly try and answer the questions at hand.

1) The bumper is a custom built unit that kinda works like a trailer hitch receiver. The part attached to the plow slides over the bumper, then two pins hold it on the bumper. I'll post pictures to explain.

2) Because truck manufactures do not build trucks like they used to, meaning no room under the hood, I have everything nice and neat in a box in the back of the truck. Plus, with central hydraulics, when the truck slows down so do your plows. This way that I have gives me constant pressure and constant speed. It's lightning fast compared to electric over hydraulic, and one step faster than central hydraulics.

3) The box in the back runs my front and my back plows, Super fast.

Hope that helps.

Jon

14. jbone

jbone Senior Member

that bumper kicks ass!!! I would leve it like that in the off season......very pimp!!

15. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

That is the bumper 24/7.

Thnaks.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Very Slick!:salute:

Did you fuel the Honda from the truck tank or from the original tank mounted to the engine?

Where did you run the exhaust?

17. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

The unit runs of the Factory tank on the engine. I get about 4 hours of plow time before I have to refuel.

The exhaust ports out the rear of the box. The box sits 4 inches away from the front of the truck box. It's great because my rear window stays dry and clean all night. After about a couple minutes in the truck you don't even know it's behind you. Chevy's have great sound deadening qualities.

Thanks.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Why didn't you tap into the truck tank for fuel?

19. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Truck fuel is a pressurized system, plus the Honda vibratory fuel pump just doesn't have enough pull. Tried it once, it sucked.

Fueling up just gives me an excuse to take a short break. And to take a nice potty break. ( if you know what I mean )

20. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Thanks Jon,

That is very slick.I had just not ever seen nothing like that before I am just use to small plows.But thanks for explaining it to me/us.

Brad
    RCGM