1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Heres a 1st for me

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scott's, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Scott's

Scott's Senior Member

I have done lawncare for a nursing home and have had many remarks on how good our work has been so the maintance guy told me he will use us for snow removal and to get him a contract. My price was the same as last year. I faxed him over a contract went a month and called him again to see what was up, he said he never got it so I took him 1 in and gave it to the lady at the front deck, 3 days later he said he never got it again and said to bring in another, Well he told me how he wanted everything done piles, salt and everything. Well the other day it iced so we salted then more snow and ice so we salted like 3 times this weekend so I went in today to ask for the contract and he says "We went with someone else" I was WTF???? How did I loose the contract and he tells me"THE OTHER GUY SAID HE COULD DO US 1ST ON HIS LIST" But guess what the other guy never showed up all weekend to salt. F him

2. jzeller4

jzeller4 Member
    from ohio

thats crazy, three copies of the contract and they loose them all. sounds to me the desk lady or someone hooked that one up. are they goin to pay for your salt services ??? maybe the other company will never show and you gain it back. good luck.....

3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I wouldn't want the job back if they are going to under mind what you already did.

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You need to hand deliver the contract to the person that makes the decision. I learned that the hard way this way. Could have picked up a nice account this year, it was basically a done deal. The boss is a guy from high school. Gave the contract to a "friend" who was kind of the middle man. Called him a week or so later to see what was going on. They fired him. I asked if he gave the contract to the correct person. No, it's still in the shed. Not only did I not get the contract, I look like a fool.

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

tymusicYa thats sounds like the typical games that get played in the lawncare/snowremoval scene. Its nice when your on the "inside" but ya feel like shxt when it turns the other way. I would still keep a positive attitude (maybe im nuts) toward the job and when you get it back there might be a chance that the "game playing is over".

6. Outd00r Maint..

Outd00r Maint.. Senior Member

just get them next year