1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here we go

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DYNA PLOW, Jan 13, 2002.

1. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

finally snow coming down as we speak,forcast for 3-6" thru monday...can you say READY!!!
    slimjim anything for you in Chicago?
    salters full and plow is on now i just gotta wait again .........till 2am.
    rock on dudes
    dan

2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

I could swear I heard thunder a little while ago. They were forcasting a little snow for yesterday... we got a 3-minute blizzard. That was it. Looks like rain in the forcast for tonight and tomorrow. This is getting old...

3. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

our clipper was just a tease it went north and tomorows forcast is mostlikly a tease also very depreasing

4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

well we got ours today in boston just about 3" but it was wet and heavy stuff .Was not a bad storm plowed then sanded the frozen water:) .Our second big storm of the year.

5. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Well slim, you got 3 more minutes of snow than I've seen. looks like rain for Monday here also. Easy to keep those lots black and wet huh?

6. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

after all was said and done we got a whopping 1.5" yeah thats right all their hipe and we get screwed again. i know i should'nt whine at least i got some white on the ground.
    keep the faith guys.
    dan

7. SlimJim Z71

This winter is looking pretty grim.

BUT... on a better note, I just got another contract tonight. Small little apartment complex. But hey, it's an extra $50... if it ever snows. WHO WAITS 'TILL JANUARY TO FIND A SNOW PLOWER ANYWAY?!?!?!?!

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy PlowSite.com Addict

"WHO WAITS 'TILL JANUARY TO FIND A SNOW PLOWER ANYWAY?!?!?!?!"

For $50? What is it a double wide driveway? Lol they'll probably be shopping that price til Feb, hoping to go ever lower...
    :rolleyes:

9. SlimJim Z71

Straight shot... VERY easy. If he keeps shopping... that's fine too.

10. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

"Whopping 1.5" accumulation"...........

................seems to be the current trend in snowfall amounts. That's what fell this evening, all over now. Of course, www.weather.wrong showed snow in one form or another ("snow", "light snow", "scattered flurries" etc) through the night and into tomorrow........................... :rolleyes:

Still, combined with the "whopping 1.5" we got yesterday (which was more blowing/drifting than straight snowfall) that will yield a couple hour's pushing time tonight, and any $$$ coming in are welcomed. :)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2002
  11. SlimJim Z71

I was watching the news last night, and they said that we could get a few inches tomorrow (Wednesday), but we could also get missed. I could do that for a living: "Okay folks, it's either going to snow tomorrow, or it's not going to snow tomorrow... can I have my paycheck please?" LOL!

Unbelieveable...

12. SCL

SCL Senior Member

Just watched the local Quad city Weather. They say at least 2" and possibly up to 6" Wed. Coming out of a storm system that hasn't even developed yet. I'm with you Tim." Yes ma'am, we may or may not plant shrubs, and they may or may not grow. Can i have my check now please":D

13. Plumberguy

Plumberguy Junior Member

I checked the QC weather as well and am doing my part to try and make it snow. I washed all my vehicles and I'm not even going to think of putting the plow or spreader on and the truck is almost out of fuel and due for the oil to be changed. Don't know what else to try :D

14. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

They updated forecast as a winter weather advisory here in the Quad Cities. I hope it is true this time. I have been waiting since I bought my truck in November. This is my first year with my own truck.
    I am ready for tomorrow, except for a power steering hose that needs replacing. Be waiting on that for a week now.

15. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

J. Henderson, Are you waiting for me to fix the hose......I'll fix it as soon as it snows....maybe tomorrow or maybe not....we have been teased enough...ready for snow now...

16. staley52

staley52 Member
    from Iowa

its looking hopefull the state has been out pretreating so they must belive

17. SlimJim Z71

I think I may have just ruined it for all of us... I put my plow on.

(Runs and hides)

Sorry, I didn't want to have to do it at 4am...

18. SCL

SCL Senior Member

I too will accept blame if this is a bust. Weight and salt in truck, plow and spreader on, both tanks full, cup holder cleaned out, plow route written down, music arranged in order I want to hear it. Man I need some snow:(

19. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

Who knows, I might have jinks it to...I put the plow on, got the cds ready and even put new speakers behind the seat now I'm ready to plow jam....and guess what woke up to no snow.....

20. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

I guess this is what you call snow...hopefully it will be more then 2 inches when it is finished....

pdc_0018.jpg