1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here we go.....

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our most trusted (lol) weather station predicts up to 5" tonight. We'll see though. They have been known to be wrong before, well basically wrong at least 50% of the time. New truck, new plow, I can't wait to see what it can do.:waving:

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Our weather guy said our southern tier might get 3-5 tonight so if you add your 50% with our 50% you should get something tonight!:D

3. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

the weatherguy!

Every year I wait for the thread that starts out with... "here we go"........only to find out its rain! LOL.

It's hard not to get excited for the first storm every year and then of course the disappointment that comes with the cold rain sets in quickly as you remove the plow from your truck.

I think we need to start a nationwide listing of predictions vs results...maybe catagorized by complete misses or just way off on amounts. Either way, it would be interesting. Maybe the weather guy that gets it right the most gets his yard done for free??

Then again, they already get paid no matter how many times they're wrong...where's the incentive in a few free plows vs > $100G for being wrong more than 50% of the time?

4. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

Ok Brian and Grandview what did we get?We ar eall waiting to hear:redbounce

RCGM
    Brad

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Nothing, not even rain up here.

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We got a coating in the city and by the way the cars from the south look, about 2-3 inches.