1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by iowastorm, Dec 17, 2000.

1. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Another winter storm on the way tonight. Des Moines should see the heaviest snow of about 6-8". Some out our properties are out of places to stack snow. Looks like we'll be hauling snow until after Christmas. My guys and I are getting burnt out; anybody else??
  2. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like I'm in for another 2-4 tomorrow, with a little more accumulation by late evening hours. I'm ready to go again, I got a good nights sleep last night, and I gave my truck a good wash before I left work Saturday. BRING IT ON!!!

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

At least we got some time off between storms. I guess I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Be careful pushing snow back now, those piles have to be like a rock now with the rain we got and it being zero out right now. Good luck !! :)
  4. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, they're rocks. I'm not even going to attempt it. The ones I was moving before were fresh. With me being somewhat new to commercial lots, I didn't think of where I would put the snow if any more storms hit, so I wasn't moving it back very far. The guy who has been doing the lot at work told me that we had to push them back a little further. Now I know. Learn as you go right?

At least I had a day with no plowing. Now I'm ready to go again.