1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WOODY367, Aug 2, 2010.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Well the driverside exhaust manifold is leaking. Found a broken stud. I went through this lat fall with the pass side. Got it fix under the 7 year emmision warrenty. It goes in next Monday. The 7 year warrenty expires this Oct. Just under the wire.

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Wow!! Good for you!!! Slipping in under the wire!!!
    I've heard of lots of people being turned away for that exact repair!! I ended up doing all of the studs myself. I replaced them with stainless bolts.

3. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Well get a call from the dealer with good and bad new. Gppd news got the new manifold parts and most of it installed. Bad news the pol dipstick yube was rusted and they won't get it til next week So I have to wait.

4. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

Yeah, that's common.

Mine actually broke at the block when I went to remove it during the header install. I had to re-attach it using some brake line.

5. balreadysaid

balreadysaid Junior Member

same deal! i was putting headers on my v10 from all the studs being rotted and noticed the dip tube was shot and sure enough broke in the block. i just jammed a new one on top dont leak dont careussmileyflag