1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here we go again E47 sticking and new problem I bet

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Northman, Dec 15, 2010.

1. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

A while back you all walked me through replacement of the angling valve with green wire coil cap? (probably calling them wrong names).

Been plowing like a charm so far till last night got stuck left. It was stuck when I first put it on during warm weather too before snow season. I just removed valve put back together and worked fine till now.

Today I pulled it apart 4-5 times and it seems like, when I have been removing I notice a good amount of fluid is pushing out during removal of valve. Put it back in it works fine till I park it and go to use again.
    Try parking it with angle to the middle and go right first time and then see if it gets stuck left for next use to see if it helps.

Also I went to remove the cap and removed the wrong one at first :mad: and twisted the dang stud off :realmad: up and down red wire, like I did when replacing the other valve back when. I didnt notice till I picked up old cap and let out a arghhhh :blush2:. Anyhow I drilled a small hole and put a very small bolt to hold cap on, so far so good Thumbs Up. See what happens when it takes some good hits.

So on the first part with the plow sticking left again. Do you think something in the block part is bleeding by to cause it to get stuck now?

2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

How do the stops on the sector look? If they get too worn they let the pistons go too far and they can't come back on their own. I just went through the same thing and thanks to info found here I welded new stops on and it solved my problem.
    A way to test for this is to flop the plow over on it's face , hook the hose (s) to each other so that the two pistons are connected, you should be able to move the A frame back and forth, if you get it all the way one way and can't move it back then the stops are worn.
    In the evvent you can't move it back by hand, you may have to unscrew one of the connectors enough to release some pressure. Just be careful.

3. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

I'm on a learn as I go with this stuff. Could you give me a idea of what the stops look like and the sector? Maybe a IPL to go by.

Even though I've been doing this since 95, only 4 or so with the Meyer it seems, maybe more. I only learn stuff :help: as something breaks or dont work on the :gunsfiring: Meyer .

Did I mention I miss my Northman super delux :cry: , only reason I let it go was you couldnt find parts in Ohio (never needed any luckily) and the 80 full size Cherokee frame rusted into.

4. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Found a IPL on sectors. Now I just got to figure out which one I have. I am guessing the light weight TM one being this is just a homeowner grade plow set up I bought on this truck.

Maybe number 3-4 when you scroll down to TM, sorry I'm clueless but least I'm honest about it.

http://www.meyerst.com/meyer-a-frame-sector-parts.html

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  5. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

Also check your quick couplers for dirt or rust. I just had an E-60 that would stick, and the one coupler looked a bit rusted. I changed it and no more problems.

6. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

The more I mess with the worse I am making it :realmad:.

I went to check the connections and stops. All seemed find till I went to raise the plow. Now nothing.......

So I try and go left nothing I try and go right nothing. When I took it into the barn to check things it was all working :confused: .

I removed the B front ? and C back? I think coils (which one is which) checked them and dont see anything wrong, but I could be over looking something.

Put coils back in and now I hit LIFT up and it goes LEFT.....and right works.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  7. Northman

Northman Senior Member
    from Ohio

Wow I'm at a loss with this thing LOL. While having wife hit the switch so I could check for magnetize of coil in front valve. Found out there was none :confused:.
    So I go to put everything back together after cleaning spring and check ball under front valve and put everything back together, still nothing.

So I go to put wiring back in place and put little bolt back in I made up and manually lift the plow up some so I could shorten the chain. Well I thought WTH mise well give it one more try. The freaking thing lifted :eek: and it goes right and it goes left . Went and plowed a bit and no problem.
    Cant wait to see what works and what dont after setting over night now.

Swear the thing is acting possessed. :dizzy: