1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here it is!

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by deicepro, Sep 10, 2010.

1. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

Just finished this liquid walk behind sprayer. I bought a tank for it but im gonna custom mold my own for better balance. All aluminum except the wheels which are all plastic and the steel threaded axel, 5gpm pump with a motor cycle battery. Boom is 46" wide with 1/8" holes spaced 2" apart. I tried it out on the driveway and it works awsome. I wired in a plug-in in the back of the truck box to keep it charged. Im thinking about building a different boom where the ends fold up before they break off. All the electrical connections will be epoxied before winter. Any comments? kubota where are you?

103.jpg

104.jpg

2. FLC2004

FLC2004 Senior Member

Thats pretty cool. Let me know how you make out with it. :salute:

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Looks good, but I would think pneumatic tires would do better in the snow. but other then that I cant wait to see it completed:mechanic:.

4. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Not bad, that looks pretty mint. Good luck with it, let us know how it works once you get the tank mounted.

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

I'm gonna assume that its a pretreat/antiicing tool....shouldnt really be pushing it through snow..?...?

nice job deicepro

6. Kubota 8540

Kubota 8540 PlowSite.com Addict

I was busy putting brakes on a Pontiac Van. (piece of cake) oh shocks too. Looks good, 5gpm = actual 3.5+gpm, yep break-a-way folding boom, tires are good, no air needed, all aluminum, no rust.......1/8" holes maybe a little big?............WHAT no self propel?
    My atv sprayer, 60 psi eats the battery. So a plug to recharge is also good. Needs a kick stand?

That is the quickest and easiest way to make the boom, if you decide to change it, then you start getting more parts and more complicated.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
  7. kramer56

kramer56 Senior Member

Yeah I think the pneumatic tires would roll better w/out skidding making it easier for the operator. great job tho

8. deicepro

Thanks guys for the responses, I was bored one day and thought I would make a prototype for my shovel guy

your right, but depending on how hard its snowing it might have to go through some snow, probably 1/2" or less, I though those skinny tall tires would work the best

Well until winter gets here I wont know if 1/8" hole are too big, no kick stand yet I have to get it welded up...........

9. Kubota 8540

I say they might be to big, because I tried that type of boom on one of the big sprayers. 2" pump at 35 psi, I was shocked at the amount of liquid that came out. Or maybe you can just walk faster? :laughing:

I sold my Brinemaker last week so next week I get to start a new Brinemaker project. Twin tank, twin engine/pump, twin as expensive, 1,070 gallon unit, looking forward to a new project. I have thought about building a sidewalk sprayer, but that means I would have to get out of the cab, so.........no!

10. deicepro

I just finished my new brinemaker, 1650 gal, 6hp Honda w/ 220gpm poly pump, all I can say is WOW

11. Kubota 8540

Do you think a twin engine @200 gpm each, in a 1000 gallon maker will be overkill? I have a 200gpm in a 400 gallon brinemaker.

12. deicepro

hmm...... well, it will certainly mix faster:laughing:
    Im thinking borderline yes/no

13. Kubota 8540

I work under the principle of "get er dun, go post on plowsite?":laughing:

14. deicepro

x2..........:D

15. speedy

speedy Senior Member

How about a self-propelled unit you can use in the snow off-season? :cool:

http://www.bridgeburggolf.com/

I was originally going to suggest a re-purposed three-wheeled baby jogger, or golf cart or buggy like postal carriers use, but this looks much more fun!!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  16. deicepro

Well.....good idea but....I dont want to make it too easy for the shovel guy:D

17. Kubota 8540

Speaking of posting......just bought a 1,050 gallon tank for $100.00. So now I have to move a bunch of totes to get it in the salt shed.

18. deicepro

Wish I had 10 at that price:eek:

19. Kubota 8540

Really, wish I could find a 2,000 gallon for $200? 86" diameter. Now thats picky. This 1,050 was 1.5 miles from home just put the forks on the Bota and drove over and picked it up.

20. deicepro

Those are easy enough to find around here, lots of farmers
    I think my lady contact for the "blem" tanks must have been fired:cry: