1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here it comes!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ultimate lawns, Feb 13, 2003.

1. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

yo,
    Chicago storm expected friday afternoon and friday night.
    3-8 inches in certain area's. Finally our first Big storm!
    How many of you guy's are ready? Im ready to rock n' roll!
    lol, thanks,

Ultimate lawns and more,

2. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

Also, the northeast coast should get a piece of the snow system.

3. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Where forcasted :rolleyes: to get 2 storms this weekend:eek: , One friday night into Saturday, 4-6 and all over again Sunday :D

But you all know how that goes:rolleyes:

4. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

We will see how it goes!

Its looking good so far.

Chuck B.

5. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

Just finished mounting the plows a little while ago. Hope I didn't jinx anything.:nono:

FYI... I have a couple trucks & drivers available if anyone in the area need them. Happy to share:D

6. Crazygator

Crazygator Member
    from TN

They are forecasting very heavy rain for us, but they said you guys up north around chi-town might get ice, and from the way they talk could be a bad ice storm at that. But we all know, dont hold your breath on their words!

7. fastrunner2

fastrunner2 Junior Member
    from ILL

its not gonna happen!

we arnt going to get any snow!! havent you guys learned from these piss poor weather forcasters? Just last tuesday they predicted 5-10 inches for my area, we got 1.5 inches!!! and it all blew away. i didnt even get to plow.. now there calling for 3-4 inches in southwestern MI. bet i will see a couple flurries and thats about it!! we will see!

8. SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE

SIMONE'S LAWNS SERVICE Member

Call for 4-7" here in Fort Wayne-BRING IT ON!!!

9. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

same here in N.W Ohio, 4-8.... im not gonna hook up the plow til we got 3":D

~Nate~

10. exmarkdude

exmarkdude Junior Member

Maybe this will light a fire under the deadbeats that still owe from our X-mas snow to pay there frickin bill!!!

11. plowser

plowser Junior Member

We got 5" here today with another 4-8 forecast for tonight. Town about 20 miles east of me got 29" since last night with another 5-6 expected tonight. We're at 130" now.

12. jbutch83

jbutch83 Senior Member

exmarkdude,

I am hoping the same thing, we have two accounts left that have not paid for Dec. yet. I talked to one earlier in the week, said that the check was on the way from the home office. The other one has not returned our calls this week, did talk to her last week, said that she was very happy, and would have us do her lawn stuff this year. Not going to happen if we don't get paid. They are calling for 2-4 for us, not sure what to expect, they said we were going to get 5-9 earlier in the week, didn't even get an inch.

John

13. MLB

MLB Senior Member

Get those plows OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nono:

14. IndySnowPlowers

IndySnowPlowers Member
    from Indiana

Need any help ???

Hey all!

We have many partners all ready that are itching to plow somewhere...since it doesn't look to promising that Indy will get too much snow.

If anyone needs help let us know. If not...enjoy the plowing!! I'll be sitting home trying to turn rain and ice into snow while watching all the NASCAR action!

Steve
    www.IndySnowPlowers.com
    317-440-6567

15. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

Im pulling the wheels off and welding the "ice skates" on to the hubs !!! Ditto on the plowing...3 - 4 trucks ready to go plowing...avg. 2 hour response time to just about anywhere in northern indiana from Indy. indysnowplowers.com

16. Scott Fortin

Scott Fortin Junior Member

I'm with Exmark.....been calling my deadbeats last few days. Asked one (hotel) if he had something for V-Day. "Yes". Good, if you want a clean lot for all the lovers, pay up :realmad:

They're saying 5-8" down here in the south burbs...it won't make the wife happy, but I say let it snow, let it snow!

17. firemedic680

firemedic680 Member
    from BG Ohio

Ok ....get those darn plows off guys ... they already took us from 4-8 to 2-4" and its still 6 hours away!!!! By the time it gets here , itll be 1/4" . uggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

18. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

RAIN RAIN RAIN.....thats all we have in Indy is Rain...Im changing my name to Rain Man..and the stupid forecasters are still trying to say its going to snow 2"-4" sat ROFLMAO.Oh ya, a special thanks to all those who went and put their plows on early YOU JINX"ED us again.......just kidding,,,, be safe if it does snow.:D

19. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

HERE IT COMES, AND THEIR IT GOES!

Just another of the weather forcasters huge mistakes.

The following forcasts were predicted for Friday the 14th.

1" to 3" yesterday morning;
    too 2 to 5" last nite;
    too 4" to 8" at 4:00AM today;
    too 2" to 4" at 8:00AM;
    too no snow at all at 4:00PM!

These guys are good at what they do! I laid off the posts regarding the weather, because I did not want to get my hopes up. I even kept my front plow off my main work truck to put the odds in my favor. Mother nature is playing tricks in the Midwest this year.

Chuck B.

20. ultimate lawns

ultimate lawns Member

I am sick! Susposed to get 1-2" now. These weather guys suck!
    We wehre expected to get 4-8 and now...probably nothing.
    You guys know chicago has only had 17"s of snow. Mayby a little salt but, who cares, Only got to plow 4 times this whole winter with only about 2"s. Anyone on the northeast coast wanna lend a little snow?

Ultimate lawns and more,