1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here it comes...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Midwest BuildIt Inc, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

everyone is getting ready..!!

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

If youre talking about all the new posts on here youre right! Ive been trying to keep up with all the new posts like how i do in the winter. Theres alot of talk about buying plows and getting stuff set up. Hard to believe we've got a good 3 months even before a threat of snow. I think a bunch of us had enough of this heat.

3. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Heat?? It's only 102 here today!!

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Heat and no rain. I don't landscape but a few friends do and they say they could almost do leaf cleanup. In some places it's so dry the leaves are falling off.

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm one of those in seach of a plow, but so far the local classifieds and ebay arn't being very nice to me. At 17 I don't quite have the funds to shell out to buy a brand new 8'2" boss v, so used is the only way I can go.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

mark im in the same boat as you 17 yrs old and not enough cash for a brand new plow. hopefully i will have enough by next winter. i found a sweet deal on a boss straight blade but my boss wont hire me unless i get a V plow

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I am the boss, but I figured if I am going to spend the money, why not get the plow I want the first time. I would be plowing mostly large open areas and I know a V will be helpful. I have found like 4 boss v's, but they are all over on the east coast or far north, so I would spend between 300 and 500 dollars just to drive out there and get it, plus driving like 12 hrs one way in my pickup on the freeway doesn't sound like fun.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2007
  8. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

yeah my attention has shifted to this site now. i cant wait to be done with mowing! Im starting to get my truck cleaned up and all the little projects done on it now.

If only it were 20* now we would have so much snow it would be crazy!

9. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Thats what i said from Dec - March last year! lol

10. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I just started coming back over here too!:D :waving:

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Yeah, Im about done cutting grass too!!! We have been getting good rain here finally, so all the grass is growing like it is mid spring- arsehole deep every week!!! Fall hasnt even started yet:dizzy: I hate the fall more than anything else. Cant wait to be pushing some nice deep white snow:D

12. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I got home last night (well this morning) at 1 and it was a whole 47 degrees! It's coming boys. Might be colder tonight!

13. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

We would probably be about 2-3ft under here right now if it was 20 degrees.

14. stroker79

Ha I know! I sub and am paid very well and hourly so I would be VERY happy! I just hope this wet carries into and throughout the winter

15. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

42 degrees this morning at 5 AM!!!! Had a very light frost on my leather Tonneau cover.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I hope it continues too, but only if I am plowing with my truck. If I still have to plow with the atv, I will never have a chance to get off it.

17. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Its been kinda cold the past few days. Today it didn't get above 64*. The heat has not been to bad but the lack of rain has been tough.

18. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

We have lots of rain, 5" here so far this month, and its still been in the 80*s..:cry: Not crying, thats me sweating..

19. stroker79

Well i hear ya. the temps will start to cool down next week which will be really nice, im tired of this humid heat. Just think, if it were 20* out, we would have over 25"s of snow dumped!

20. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

WHAT!!!!???? Come on! Road Trip!!! :D