1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here it comes Western NY!!

Discussion in 'Weather' started by MikeRi24, Dec 5, 2008.

1. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

First storm worth mentioning is happening right now. Looks like it will be worth plowing when it's through, and it'll be my first time out. Kinda nervous and making sure I have everything in order. I will be sure to take pics and whatnot as I go. To anyone on here in WNY....see you out there!

2. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

Hope it goes better than our first event. Nov. 22nd (Thank god it was a Saturday, not a 'open for business day'), First my salter wouldn't work, plow wiring burned up on one plow (dont ask), then brake lines burst on other truck. Started at 3 am, was down two trucks and salter by 9 am. Found some subs to finish what I couldn't, then worked on trucks all day- Got everything up and running by that evening.
    Good luck with it, make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

3. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

its going to be long nite. Have a few no tolerance accounts. and the rest are seasonal.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Shouldn't you guys be sleeping or are you Young enough to pull the all nighters and keep going tomorrow? Have fun.

5. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

I THINK I'm gonna go out in about a half hour....just checked the radar and it looks like theres a break coming, so I'm thinking I can get the bulk of it out of the way now, come home and sleep for a while then get up again at like 5 and have everything done a second time by 8 and I'll be set to go!

6. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Storm kinda fizzzled out here only got like 1.5" Guess you guys above me are still getting beat. Me and redtx are only about 5 miles apart. And yes I am young enough to stay up all nite. Hell i could not sleep if i tried. Always worring about something every time it snows.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What snow? We we on the edge of it and maybe half inch at most. But I was amazed how many guys went out and tried to scrap a half inch off someone driveway. Those must of been the per push ones!

8. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Nothing here but an inch or two and it sounds like maybe Tuesday as long as it stays cold Really could use a nice 6+ snow just to get the bugs out of everything.

9. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Anybody else love how the weather guy keeps changing his forecast then the next day he's bragging about being "right on"?:dizzy:

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last wed night they forecasted 4 to 6" and we got 1/2". I didn't mind that. Monday/Tuesday they are saying up to 12". I hope they are high on this one too.

11. grandview

Snowed for about 3 hrs tonight ended up with about 3-4 inches now blowing everywhere.

12. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

go plow!:waving:

13. grandview

Sun came out wind stopped and lots are all blacktop again!

14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

let the wind do the work..:rolleyes:

15. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

had a good plowable event last night.....while I love the maneuverability of the Jeep, I wish I had the weight and power of a 3/4 ton! I ended up with a new customer, which is great! my technique seems to be improving....didnt rip up as much grass this time haha.

16. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Yesterday was definitely plowable, but not fun. Heavy and wet, anything I tried to backdrag just packed right down. I need a back blade!

Anyway, looks to be a busy week coming up for us...

17. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

yeah backdragging was a nightmare for me too. especially since my Jeep doesnt have a lot of weight to it

18. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

yeah backdragging was a nightmare for me too. especially since my Jeep doesnt have a lot of weight to it