1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Here it comes Indiana

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by All_Clear, Dec 7, 2005.

1. All_Clear

All_Clear Senior Member

Winter Storm Watch from the National Weather Service:

/O.NEW.KLMK.WS.A.0001.051208T1500Z-051209T1000Z/ ORANGE IN-WASHINGTON IN-SCOTT IN-JEFFERSON IN-DUBOIS IN- CRAWFORD IN-PERRY IN-HARRISON IN-FLOYD IN-CLARK IN-HANCOCK KY- BRECKINRIDGE KY-MEADE KY-OHIO KY-GRAYSON KY-HARDIN KY-BULLITT KY- JEFFERSON KY-OLDHAM KY-TRIMBLE KY-HENRY KY-SHELBY KY-FRANKLIN KY- SCOTT KY-HARRISON KY-SPENCER KY-ANDERSON KY-WOODFORD KY- FAYETTE KY-BOURBON KY-NICHOLAS KY-NELSON KY-WASHINGTON KY- MERCER KY-JESSAMINE KY-CLARK KY-LARUE KY-BUTLER KY- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...PAOLI...SALEM...SCOTTSBURG...MADISON... JASPER...MARENGO...TELL CITY...CORYDON...NEW ALBANY... JEFFERSONVILLE...HAWESVILLE...HARDINSBURG...BRANDENBURG... BEAVER DAM...LEITCHFIELD...ELIZABETHTOWN...FORT KNOX... MOUNT WASHINGTON...SHEPHERDSVILLE...LOUISVILLE...LA GRANGE... BEDFORD...NEW CASTLE...SHELBYVILLE...FRANKFORT...GEORGETOWN... CYNTHIANA...TAYLORSVILLE...LAWRENCEBURG...VERSAILLES... LEXINGTON...PARIS...CARLISLE...BARDSTOWN...SPRINGFIELD... HARRODSBURG...NICHOLASVILLE...WINCHESTER...HODGENVILLE... MORGANTOWN 230 AM CST WED DEC 7 2005 /330 AM EST WED DEC 7 2005/
    ...WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY MORNING THROUGH LATE THURSDAY NIGHT.

SNOW IS EXPECTED TO DEVELOP EARLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON...AND CONTINUE THROUGH LATE EVENING. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY AT TIMES. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 5 INCHES ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS NORTHERN KENTUCKY AND SOUTHERN INDIANA.

A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW...SLEET...OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.

2. clncut

clncut PlowSite.com Addict

They are calling for 1-3 inches on one station and a dusting on another for NorthWest Indiana. Maybe we will get lucky and the front will move north a little to give us something to plow!!payup

3. phatsat67

phatsat67 Junior Member
    from indiana

All I can say is bring it on. Just installed the blade on the cherokee and the Meyer is getting ready to minute mount onto the 2500 ram and Friday is plow day. I'm going to be crushed if no snow comes:cry:haha, but if it does woo whooo.:bluebounc Gotta get the blowers rollin to. I'm in New Castle if anyone knows where that is.

4. jclodfe2

jclodfe2 Junior Member

Bring it on. I am here in Southern Indiana and they are saying 4-8". Depends on how the snow fly's. I am ready to plow for the second season after I get off of work at the Co. Hwy. Dept. I will gets lots of plowing time in a Co. Truck and my own personal truck. I can not wait. I love snow.

5. phatsat67

phatsat67 Junior Member
    from indiana

wait meyer isn't called a minute mount my bad.

6. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

Yeah boys!!!!!!!! woohoo we finally get lucky maybe once in a while the sun shines on a dogs back end LOL.... I hope this is a GREAT winter for Indiana guys to push snow. particularly us south of indy we never get a good shot at it it seems LOL.... OK don't count the killer storm of last winter, i mean other than that LOL...

I'm ready... 9' in front, 6' 8" in back, down pressure at both ends, full time 4x4 and MOPAR to go! Lots of ballast, a 15 ton winch, and a little road trip tomorrow morning will yeild me a Western Pro-Flow spreader! Can't wait but yet i have so much to do before it gets here too.. I have been getting new accounts lately, the advertising is doing good by me. Even had plower friends give me phone numbers to people who called them as they're booked. They told me they can give me a little sub work too if we get hit hard or they just get tired or break down.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:redbounce :drinkup: payup :nod:

7. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Watch.. It will probably rain lol :cry:

8. watchamakalit

watchamakalit Member

Don't say that.:gunsfiring: