1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here it comes boys

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by snowplowpro, Oct 28, 2011.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

here it comes boys what we waited all year for a fresh coating of the white stuff right before halloween i love it . time to put the plows on

new jersey 6-10 inches

2. ken643

ken643 Senior Member

Good luck up there!, down here by me doubtful it will stick.

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

4-8 baby!!! payup

4. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

here in Philadelphia looks like 1-3...not enough to satisfy my need for snow

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like 1-3 for us as well but not sure if anything will be sticking to the paved surfaces. Everything I am seeing says it be just a slushy coating and mainly contained to cars, and grassy surfaces. We'll see what happens though, a lot can change in 12-24 hours.

6. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

12+ For the northern Catskills over 1000'.

I haven't even prepped my blade until today...I just got fresh tires last week. The local boss dealer was a mad house when I stopped for hydrolic fluid. This will be an interesting night on the roads, most of the local towns are in a panic getting rigs ready and a lot of trees still have leaves.

7. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Good luck guys!

8. ch973934

ch973934 Senior Member

8-12 here and my fuel pump just went...hope its not a sign for the winter!! be safe tonight guys!

9. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

You guys can have it! For now! lol We are still 2 weeks away from being ready. Although, I did get a long awaited phone call yesterday from Oregon giving us a verbal agreement on our new contract, a very large one at that, and thats more than a month ahead of last year.

Be safe and take some pics! Andrew

10. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

With all the leaves still on trees the snow is the least of the worries, good luck because you probably won't be getting down roads with out loaders pushing downed trees out if the way

11. tbone3

tbone3 Member

8-14 in sussex county! Already passed a bunch of DOT trucks with dump truck loads of salt! Winters here in Northern NJ! Stay safe out there boys!

Tom

12. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

It will be a problem. We also got blasted with a hurricane 2 months ago that trimmed a lot of the weak branches

13. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Falling at a good clip here. Stay safe everyone!

14. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I'm suposed to 6 to 12 in my area tonight. I hope I can get some pictures when I go with my uncle in the ole Ford 9000.

15. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

rigs all loaded up and fueled up.... waiting to GET SUM!!!! 5-10 of heavy wet stuff.. be safe boys and show some pics!!! gunna be a looong night for sure! Thumbs Up
    most likely moving trees out of the way as well... still full of leaves :rolleyes:

16. countryboy1365

countryboy1365 Member

so far we have 7 inces in limeport pa. home for supper then back out in the snow

17. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

No snow Yea Right

I like the people that said it wasn't going to snow today,they also said Irene wasn't that bad. Tell the people in Cranford and Lincoln Park it wasn't bad. I work out of Newark for a company with 90 trucks, guess who got caught with there pants down.
    Is this the sign of the winter to come?
    Who know Buddy at Van Dines? He must be smiling from ear to ear.
    Be Safe and hope for more:mechanic::mechanic:

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  18. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

Hey, being this is a picture thread, where are the pictures??? you guys can keep the snow, but it would be good to see pics of how bad the first major one was for everyone

19. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

Good Luck guys still waiting for snow in Ohio

20. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Was out for 9 hours here in the Harrisburg PA area. We got anywhere from 3-6 of heavy wet snow. Can not remember ever having snow in Oct here. Snow on Thanksgiving is early for us.