1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

here is my tractor solution

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by vtzdriver, Jun 13, 2006.

1. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

I mounted a step 'n tow receiver upside down in my bucket, with some additional steel plates on the bottom for support.
    This setup has worked wonderfully for two Vermont winters now.
    Since I can raise the plow complete off the ground and only need to drop the bucket to within the range of the push frame, plowing is truly quick and easy. Another plus is the weight of the blade is much better matched to a compact tractor (Kubota B2410)

blade1.JPG

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

that is a very good use of the snowsport IMO. I don't like how they are on trucks but i guess im used to seeing and using heavy duty plows on heavy duty trucks. Having something like that loader that can lift the entire thing up seems much more effective. Good thinking there!

3. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

The other factor in deciding on a Snowsport was that my 2002 Chevy K1500HD already had a front receiver hitch for my winch.
    I could easily transfer the plow to my truck if the need arose.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

that is awsome....btw, what is the difference between the 1500 and the 1500HD? 1500HD looks more like the 2500HD but, other than that, i can't see what the real difference is...maybe something in the suspension? i don't know

thanks
    mike

5. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

a 1500HD is a 2500HD with 1500 body style and the auto-4wd transfer case. It has the 8 lug hubs. In 2002, it was the only 1500 crew cab option. Now, they use a regular 1500 and shorten the bed.

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

not that anyone cares on a thread this old, but a 1500hd is not anything like the 2500hd,

1500hd= 2500 similar frames, 1500hd comes loaded with most or all options

2500hd=3500 and 3500hd, frames are heavier then the 1500hd or the 2500,

now the 1500hd is a 3/4 ton, but it doesn't have the heavy frame of the 2500hd and 3500 units, it does have the 6.0l, the same transmission, same suspension etc, as the 2500.

7. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Yup I did the same on a old 9 foot fisher, add side plates to it and changed it to a pusher. Same idea with a receiver mtd on the bucket.